PCMTEC Editor Version 0.72 Release Notes

Roland@pcmtec

PCMTEC Editor Version 0.72 has now been released as of 21/8/18

The changes in this release are primarily transparent in the background to facilitate the new Custom Operating system that supports flex fuel, larger spark tables (FG size in BF cals), boost by gear/speed and TMap/Boost sensor switch over. These changes allow the operating system to now be dynamic and not require template updates when a table size is changed or a table is deleted/added. This means preparing a custom operating system is a much simpler process behind the scenes. In the next update the Editor will facilitate creating custom operating systems and you will not be required to send us a base tune to be customised.

Custom operating systems cost 5 credits (4 to edit, 1 to flash). If you have already licensed the vehicle you will be offered an upgrade license for only 2 credits, this is all automatically determined when you press "License Vehicle".

Improvements

• Ctrl + Scroll wheel now zooms in/out on tables. This can be useful on small screens.
  • Pressing a single letter on the navigator will now jump to that item. Eg pressing s will jump to speed density.
  • Disabling/Enabling 2d grid lines on the table chart is now persistent upon a redraw.
  • Performance of table views has been improved.
  • Added filename and strategy to the title bar when opening a file.
  • Backup files are now saved into a My Documents -> PCMTec -> 0.72 -> Backups to tidy up the folder structure.
  • Holding down the right arrow key on a table would wrap around the table. Now it will stop when it gets to the right most cell.
  • Added new checksums to custom operating systems to facilitate partial write.

Bug Fixes

• Apply/View was greyed out on Compare History in some modes.
  • Highlighting multiple scalars and entering a single number would crash if one of the scalars was not enabled (eg not editable).
  • Navigator would scroll up/down whenever changing a value in the table view in some scenarios.
  • Fixed a hang that could occur after clicking "yes" when "There are unsaved changed, would you like to save the file?"
  • Double clicking on the column of a table 1d would resize the column to the column header, not the contents of the column.
  • Copy paste would often paste a very large number into the first cell. This is fixed.
  • Various spelling errors corrected in the templates.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 5:50 PM, Roland@pcmtec said:

PCMTEC Editor Version 0.72 has now been released as of 21/8/18

The changes in this release are primarily transparent in the background to facilitate the new Custom Operating system that supports flex fuel, larger spark tables (FG size in BF cals), boost by gear/speed and TMap/Boost sensor switch over. These changes allow the operating system to now be dynamic and not require template updates when a table size is changed or a table is deleted/added. This means preparing a custom operating system is a much simpler process behind the scenes. In the next update the Editor will facilitate creating custom operating systems and you will not be required to send us a base tune to be customised.

Custom operating systems cost 5 credits (4 to edit, 1 to flash). If you have already licensed the vehicle you will be offered an upgrade license for only 2 credits, this is all automatically determined when you press "License Vehicle".

Improvements

• Ctrl + Scroll wheel now zooms in/out on tables. This can be useful on small screens.
  • Pressing a single letter on the navigator will now jump to that item. Eg pressing s will jump to speed density.
  • Disabling/Enabling 2d grid lines on the table chart is now persistent upon a redraw.
  • Performance of table views has been improved.
  • Added filename and strategy to the title bar when opening a file.
  • Backup files are now saved into a My Documents -> PCMTec -> 0.72 -> Backups to tidy up the folder structure.
  • Holding down the right arrow key on a table would wrap around the table. Now it will stop when it gets to the right most cell.
  • Added new checksums to custom operating systems to facilitate partial write.

Bug Fixes

• Apply/View was greyed out on Compare History in some modes.
  • Highlighting multiple scalars and entering a single number would crash if one of the scalars was not enabled (eg not editable).
  • Navigator would scroll up/down whenever changing a value in the table view in some scenarios.
  • Fixed a hang that could occur after clicking "yes" when "There are unsaved changed, would you like to save the file?"
  • Double clicking on the column of a table 1d would resize the column to the column header, not the contents of the column.
  • Copy paste would often paste a very large number into the first cell. This is fixed.
  • Various spelling errors corrected in the templates.

Hi Roland,

The add and remove decimal behave in a weird way - unless it is your intention - in version 0.72.

You have to close and open the table again after applying the add or remove decimal to see any effect. The old version will take effect right after you click add/remove decimal.

I found the this to be annoying or am I doing anything wrong here? I know it is easy fix ? for you

14 hours ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

Can you try the new 0.73 beta on the downloads page? 

It fixes this issue along with a number of improvements. Once it is finalised we will post up a list of new features. 

Hi Roland,

I tried it yesterday but forgot to reply to you :-) It is working fine now for decimal at that particular parameter. Don't forget about Senor control and Swtiches - wrong spelling there.

Cheers

Roland,

Your software is a masterpiece so far. Can I expect the data log will excel above SCT data log too? I'd like to see if there is spark reduction under WOT due to false ping. What feature will your data log has that will make "amature" tuner like me to learn faster about our car? Just like your compare function in PCMtec has been  our life saver!

• 2 weeks later...