Where and how to start?

myxr6turbo

Morning Guys,

I came across PCMTec after reading about ghost cams. I have never tuned a car but would love to learn the basics. What is the best way? I have a BF mkII currently with the CAPA tuning box. I would love to be able to ready what is currently happening and be able to learn how to use this software.

Thanks in advance.

Download the demo and read all of the HOWTO guides. Then thereĀ are various tuning courses via Tafe around the country as well, they won't use our software but the principles of engine dyno tuning are the same. There are also some Greg Banish DVDs videos you can probably still get, also the la sota tuning guide is a good start, neither are up to date for the falcon, but they will definitely teach you some good foundations.

I would put aside 6 months to learn all the ins and outs of Falcon specific tuning, eg get your head around the speed density airflow models and spark strategies.

It is like anything, to get good at it will require lots of research and practice.

• Like 2