Shift burble

richardpalinkas

So im trying to enable some shift burble but for some reason its not working. Ive done a compare to a stock file and copied spark, fuel and throttle torque managemwnt settings and its not working. Have also checked system switches and cant see anything disabled. 

Are there other settings that may be not alowing this to be turned back on? I just cant seem to see anything else that would be causing it.

Thanks

Richard, set everything back to stock with the exception of your injector data and see if it returns. Literally everything including the ZF. Very minor changes will often turn this off. If you cannot get it back then it could be combination that this does not work on.

Often modifying the torque tables will generally kill this function.

Ensure the auF0260 "Torque Module Switch" is enabled as well. In the early days I tried turning this off and it is a disaster for the car. The Falcon is a torque based car so turning this off does not make sense.

If you get it back then slowly add the parameters you have to see when it stops working. 

The function is usually invoked when the ZF asks for a reduction in torque on gear change, so you should look at the torque numbers in both the PCM and the TCM.

Also be very careful increasing the torque numbers in an FG. Doing that will often cause what appears to be random throttle cuts. MK2s are particularly susceptible. 

Let us know how you get on.

1 hour ago, Darryl@pcmtec said:

Richard, set everything back to stock with the exception of your injector data and see if it returns. Literally everything including the ZF. Very minor changes will often turn this off. If you cannot get it back then it could be combination that this does not work on.

Often modifying the torque tables will generally kill this function.

Ensure the auF0260 "Torque Module Switch" is enabled as well. In the early days I tried turning this off and it is a disaster for the car. The Falcon is a torque based car so turning this off does not make sense.

If you get it back then slowly add the parameters you have to see when it stops working. 

The function is usually invoked when the ZF asks for a reduction in torque on gear change, so you should look at the torque numbers in both the PCM and the TCM.

Also be very careful increasing the torque numbers in an FG. Doing that will often cause what appears to be random throttle cuts. MK2s are particularly susceptible. 

Let us know how you get on.

How do you know where to increase the torque number? I got my car on dyno today and 1 run we got throttle cut at 4.5k rpm. I've only played with torque limit and have no other clue. My car "bark" really loud every gear shift, pretty much like a Golf R: very short and loud fart!

Richard, it is the type of cylinder cut and should be in the range 0 to 1 However for the V8 Coyote and FPV turbos it uses values over 2 to use a different filter for Sport Mode if the transmission is in Shift pattern 6 or 2.

Now ZF information that is communicated over the CAN bus that everyone keeps asking for, transmission shift patterns are: 

• Shift pattern 0 - Normal mode.                   
  • Shift pattern 1 - Sport mode.                    
  • Shift pattern 2 - (not used).                    
  • Shift pattern 3 - Hot mode.                      
  • Shift pattern 4 - Gradient mode.                 
  • Shift pattern 5 - Traction map.                  
  • Shift pattern 6 - Manual Mode.                   
  • Shift pattern 7 - Cruise map.       

I am still looking at trying to find how we can determine that Manual Mode is controlled by Shift Pattern 27 in the ZF Calibration. 

Edited by Darryl@pcmtec
Follow up on finding the actual shift pattern
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

just to touch base on this. i have managed to resolve the issue, but not sure why or how. what i did was copy over a tcm file from a previous vehicle, and slowly added back in the new tcm tune. what i found was blocking it were these tables in zf workshop development parameters.

now if i compare my stock tcm calibration to my tuned tcm, these tables are the same, however, the shift burble was working perfectly fine before the car was tuned. 

any insight as to what these tables actually do? the axis is pretty self explanatory, but the others, i would like to know more details. 

thanks in advance

image.thumb.png.efbeb73c8afa749ed9518dd7cb81a4f4.png

Unless it has to do with the development arrays? I've only gone this far, I haven't gone any further in copying over other tables within the development parameters. That's the next step, to copy each one over to see if it's a single table or multiple tables causing the issue. Just thought I'd ask here first just incase I'm copying something I shouldn't 

Yeah righto, Something else to check that I noticed in your compare screenshot is that there a table called "table of allowed drive programs" under "zf workshop development arrays". When I checked that on one of my files all the shift patterns that were changed eg 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 because of axis change, were all 0 is I'm assuming is disable for a lack of better word. Check to see what they are on yours are they may will be disabled and that may eliminate some things to check.

This is actually the first time I've seen this table and I was assuming the opposite, as my shift pattern 27 is 1 and my "manual mode" still works. I'm also going to assume that yours still works as you said earlier you were testing in that mode earlier today.

You'd have to ask the original programmers to get a good answer. I suspect something to do with changing between shift maps and the various torque reduction events.

It is an extremely complex bit of programming in there, without access to original documentation or us spending days decompiling the binary we couldn't really do much more than guess.

• Thanks 1