PCMTEC Editor Version 0.75 Release Notes - Major Update

Roland@pcmtec

0.75 has been officially released as of Saturday 19/1/19

Please download the official non beta update from out website below:

https://www.pcmtec.com/downloads

If you have been using an intermediate release that we have sent you previously (even today!) please update to the version on the website as it includes some minor changes.

New features:

Custom Operating System

Custom Operating system is now available via the editor. This means you can enable a Custom OS via a drop down menu system. You can change the following items:

image.thumb.png.71c42fd897fdf3fa205867970acb41a8.png

You can read more about how to set up the new Custom Operating System here:

Tuner Lock.

You can now apply and remove a tuner lock via a dropdown menu option

image.png.b575a531c25ff40d28cc2e87c5d01d42.png

View/Populate Unlicensed Files

Workshop users now have a menu item under calibration tools called "Populate Unlicensed file". This will allow you to perform a read of a vehicle and view the contents of the file without licensing it. This requires an internet connection to work.

image.png.1882a7f62bc3c1ebf6ee7483f1923645.png

Fix Corrupted OSID

Added "Fix Corrupted OSID" to the calibration drop down menu. This is very handy when converting tunes from other products.

image.png.605d4e8b34e87634e1232c86a4b47976.png

Quick Access

We now have a quick access menu which shows commonly opened parameters. This works in a similar fashion to the Windows 10 Explorer quick access menu. Custom groups will be coming soon.

image.png.695fd298ba704f32bb08476493632658.png

License Viewer

You can now view all of your licenses via the license viewer which can be found under the help menu.

image.png.46d6008ac738a306e11cce71a81a83e0.png

About

An about dialog is now available from the Help menu. This shows the current version and your credits.

image.png.60b4f906a781b13a723086737c36c79a.png

Flash Only Package (Multiple Tune Storage) officially released

Unit Converter/Gear Calculator

Axis Rescale/Reinterpolate Wizard

Calibration List

A calibration list is now available for workshops users. This lists approximately 900 calibrations and some common information about them, such as average spark values, fuel injector slopes, gear ratios and many other interesting items.

image.png.40ef0870a7688acb4b505b458ff0bb33.png

BA Partial Write

BA Partial Write has now been added and can write a BA PCM in approximately 22 seconds

BA Flex Fuel

The BA now supports flex fuel via utilising the boost sensor input. The MAP sensor is now used for boost pressure instead.

Improvements

• Pressing "Open" on the return to stock view closes the dialog if a file is successfully opened to speed up creating a new stock file. The enter key will also validate input instead of just the OK button. Layout has also been changed slightly.
  • Open/Import now remember the previous folder you opened. So if you typically store your parameter files in one directory and tunes in another, you won't constantly have to go back and forth between folders as it will remember the last place you were.
  • Removed the 2D line view for Axis editing as it meant you could enter in strange cell numbers.
  • You can now edit axis values out of sequential order, you will only be warned upon saving/opening the file. Previously this action was block which interrupted user workflow.
  • After pressing "Export to value file" parameters are now automatically unchecked.
  • Credit count is automatically checked each time you attempt to license a file. This means if you buy credits you no longer have to restart the editor for the credit count to be updated.
  • Search delay for the navigator has been reduced to improve the search speed.
  • Partial compare now compares items if the parameter in EITHER file is different to stock, not just the compare file.
  • Increased Custom OS blend and voltage table resolution. 
  • Many Custom OS changes, eg you can now select
  • "Import License Information" message on manual merge wizard was inconsistent.
  • Serial was truncated on various return to stock view screens.
  • Added flash write license information to the file information dialog.
  • Highlighting cells on the 2d curve now map traces the cells in the table view above.
  • Made small icons the default to increase screen real estate.
  • Can no longer edit strategy/osid/vin of unlicensed files which would cause confusion when licensing the file.
  • Improved tuner lock.
  • If you use an existing file for the return to stock wizard that has a corrupted strategy it will now prompt you to fix it.
  • 2D curve X-Axis is now linear and proportional to the units used.
  • Columns now auto resize better.
  • Axis with all values as 0 are now displayed better.
  • Exporting all changed parameters to a parameter file would also export the strategy/osid/vin. This has been removed.
  • File is now silently saved after a flash write. This means if you do not save the file after a flash write, next time you open the file partial write will work immediately.
  • When writing a vehicles flash, you will be warned and prompted if you are sure you want to continue if windows reports less than 10 minutes of battery life left.
  • Block PCs with extremely short hibernation timers (< 5 minutes) from sleeping the PC during a flash write.
  • Open file performance improved by ~25% if you have a large number of licenses.
  • Pressing save no longer collapses the navigator tree

Bug Fixes

• If you licensed a Custom OS for 5 credits then attempted to license a non custom OS version of the same OS it would prompt you for another 2 credits. Now you are only ever charged a maximum of 5 credits for licensing a Custom OS and the original OS regardless of the order you license the files.
  • Fixed a bug where editing an axis with units such as "inHG" in a rare scenario would not update correctly.
  • Fixed various fatal unhandled exceptions which would close the program.
  • Compare/Change History would show hidden/invalid/disabled parameters.
  • Pressing and holding down the right arrow key when in the navigator could cause a crash.
  • Fixed a rare crash if you change a parameter and immediately click the compare/history button at the same time.
  • City would not populate within the login view.
  • EULA would let you accept multiple times. EULA would let you reject after accepting.
  • Fixed the EULA showing an IO Access error when downloading in some instances.
  • Fixed the EULA displaying twice in some instances.
  • Fixed multiple failed logins in a row on the Login panel with a small screen pushing the login/ok button off the screen.
  • Fixed lots of flash only tablet software licensing issues.
  • Fixed various Custom OS Axis display issues.
  • Fixed Undo/Redo not working correctly.
  • Fixed VIN/Strategy/OSID undo being blocked.
  • In some cases changing multiple cells at once in the table view would ignore the changes.
  • Fixed the scalar undo/redo buttons which did not function correctly.
  • Fixed the return to stock wizard continuing to the next step if the download failed.
  • Fixed an issue where you couldn't drag edit the right most point on a 2d curve.
  • Fixed a missing horizontal scroll bar on the change history view.
  • "Show absolute differences" was not working on the tableview.
  • Importing a value file did not add a history point or update the change history if it was open.
  • Mouse back and forward keys now work correctly.
  • If you edited a value in a table then immediately pressed write without exiting the cell editor, the change would not be written to the vehicle. Now the cell is immediately validated when pressing flash write, even if the cell editor is still active.
  • If you had unsaved changes, pressed close then press "yes" to "would you like to save your changes?" it would not necessarily always save the file. This is now fixed.
  • Change history would occasionally jump around the screen when clicking the small arrows/triangles to expand a row.
  • Exporting custom os triggers to a value file could cause a crash upon reimporting. These can no longer be exported.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone. You might be seeing this error in the logs on startup the last few days. The editor will still work correctly however it will upload your log files each time you start it as a result. If you have slow internet this may slow down the editor at startup.

52495961_242217350055678_3971421164709871616_n.png?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=06dea4a86b8280d4993f454c7e9709c1&oe=5CDA4C19

There is an updated 0.75 available here which resolves this issue (no other changes). Make sure you are logged in if you can't see the link:

https://www.pcmtec.com/downloads

• 1 month later...

Just reading through the updates and I noticed with the ball flex fuel that you are using the boost sensor input. I was wondering if there is a solution for the v8's as they don't have the boost sensor input?

The updates look awesome and the software is just out of this world compared to the competitors. 

Thanks Scotty

On 3/23/2019 at 12:57 PM, scotty said:

Just reading through the updates and I noticed with the ball flex fuel that you are using the boost sensor input. I was wondering if there is a solution for the v8's as they don't have the boost sensor input?

The updates look awesome and the software is just out of this world compared to the competitors. 

Thanks Scotty

We haven't had any workshops request a solution for a V8 BA yet, however when we do the answer will most likely be attempting to repin the boost sensor input (it may still exist on the PCM due to the V8s having the C connector) or using the power steering pressure sensor.

Hi Roland I checked the bottom of my spare v8 ecu and there are no pins for the c connector only a blank.

The others I thought of was in a manual to use the trans temp or and I haven't looked to see if the plug is there yet,

but the right bank cam position sensor. Thanks for the answer anyway.

Thanks Scott

Yes I am. I have a procharged manual ba xr8 ute with lots of mods including thinking its a sedan (long story but we wanted to be able to use the traction control and other bits from the sedan) and I am going down the e85 route soon. I am about to have lots of fun and do some speed density tuning lol.

55 minutes ago, scotty said:

Yes I am. I have a procharged manual ba xr8 ute with lots of mods including thinking its a sedan (long story but we wanted to be able to use the traction control and other bits from the sedan) and I am going down the e85 route soon. I am about to have lots of fun and do some speed density tuning lol.

What state are you in? If you are looking to do the flex kit on the BA v8, get in touch with Danny from Pirotta Performance and we can come up with a solution. If you are in VIC it would be preferable to go to a workshop that has done these before, there are a few which have worked closely with us doing the R&D for the new kits (eg the BA I6 kit etc) which make it a lot easier for us to get it working. We can liaise with Danny and the workshop when it comes time.