5.0L Throttle Limit

Roland@pcmtec

A few people have asked how to remove the throttle limit on the 5.0L supercharged vehicles. A good way to start with these kind of problems is to compare the FPV or Sprint calibrations to a stock calibration.

Eg a FPV 351 auto calibration is HAFJ1K2 and a standard 5.0L auto calibration is HAFH5HB

Here you can see the following tables have been tuned by Ford.

Desired throttle angle (auF0077) increased from 419 to 579

Throttle Angle auF0083 has been increased from 60 to 80

Throttle Angle B auF0084 has been increased from 60 to 80

IPC conversion of percent accelerator pedal angle to desired throttle angle auF12514

Delta pressure across the throttle plate auF10980

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Roland. Great info. I noticed the same thing with throttle angle by comparing my GS file to the FG-X XR8 Sprint file. I just tried to download the HAFJ1K2 calibration and it doesn't seem to be there. Do you know of another FPV 351 calibration that I could download to compare to my GS cal and the XR8 Sprint calibration (HAFK0XB)? The XR8 and FPV351 are probably very similar but I'd love to compare them just to give myself a bit more confidence before uploading the modified calibration.

Thanks,

Ben

• 6 months later...

I'm not sure if there is a mechanical stop on it but if not it will just spin around the other way and end up being partially closed again. The 80 is meant to be degrees but I believe it is an arbitrary angle.

Best bet is to just take the intake off and look at how far it moves. I think there is an ETC test procedure in IDS/Forscan which will cycle it with the engine off.

• 3 years later...

Hi Guys. Has anyone has taken the time to remove their intake to observe the throttle opening angle when using the 80% opening map for auF0083 and auF0084, as per the GT, GT-F and FGX XR8/XR8 Sprint:

image.thumb.png.a8dbae668068aa4cd0500e7c26ac8ce6.png

For comparison, this is the map for the stock GS315:

image.thumb.png.1c334046fcc0884b0e645470accafa3c.png

Seriously Ford - 50%!!!!!! In a perfect world, Ford would've let the GS open the throttle fully and finished the development of the Miami/intercooled option for the GT.

Another way to look at it - I've never gained 20+ kW so easily!

I'm really interested to hear opinions about running the throttle map below (95% throttle opening), with a calibration that is a hybrid of my stock GS and parts of the FGX XR8 Sprint:

image.thumb.png.ebc5a53037ef6993e9fd19408ec97ab2.png

Thanks for reading this far and all opinions are warmly welcomed.

• 9 months later...

Late to reply but...

I't not percentage. It's degrees. As in 0 is fully closed 90 is 90 degrees from closed, or fully opened, but in the tunes 80 is fully opened which is why Roland says it seems to be an arbitrary number. 100 is technically past fully open and 10 degrees shut the other way

4 hours ago, JackoTJK said:

Late to reply but...

I't not percentage. It's degrees. As in 0 is fully closed 90 is 90 degrees from closed, or fully opened, but in the tunes 80 is fully opened which is why Roland says it seems to be an arbitrary number. 100 is technically past fully open and 10 degrees shut the other way

Hey Jacko. Never too late for me. Got distracted by life, work, caring for sick family and organising a funeral-just in time for Christmas!

As a result, I’ve not made much progress, but I really appreciate your advice. I hadn’t considered it was the throttle blade angle, even though it’s clearly indicated in the software.

With everything else going on, I relented and purchased a tune for the GS315 from TI Automotive. The car responded beautifully to the tune, other than the coolant temp gauge just stopped working. Flashed the stock tune in and temp sensor works, flash the new tune in and bingo-no coolant temps.

I’m getting over the personal hard times and I’ll definitely get back into the tune in my GS. Jason from TI Automotive has been so patient with continuing to support the tune he supplied me, even through my slow responses to logging/troubleshooting questions.

I’m sure most on here know Jason and his business to some extent, but I cannot speak highly enough of his customer service, commitment and communication. I’m sure there’s other stuff that he does well, that doesn’t start with the letter “C”. 👍👌