ZF Swap with different TCM/Megatronics

Turboidiot

Hi,

I currently have a turbo territory that has had the ZF fail as a result of the "ZF milkshake".  I have sourced an AWD Territory NA ZF & wondering if i can flash it or make it work with the original car ecu/pcm? (I assuming here that the milkshaked tcm/megatrocnis unit will be stuffed) 

So is it possible? & whats the recommended process to perform this software update for the replacement ZF to work?

Thanks

Just confirmed from a builder that the torque converter is physically smaller (less oil volume) and has a smaller lockup plate. This means it oveheats quicker and the lockup will break under heavy torque. The box itself just has less clutch packs everywhere. The builder said they put a turbo converter in one and it lasted about a year with 350rwkw before it let go. 

• 2 weeks later...

If the new turbo ZF fis from the same  type of car (FG) then anyone with PCMTec Workshop Software can reset it back to the correct calibration.

If the ZF is changed to a BF Mechatronics you have two options:

1. Contact Bullet Performance Racing and get them to reflash the Operating system in the TCM and reset the calibration
  2. Contact a PCMTec Workshop and we can guide them.

34 minutes ago, Darryl@pcmtec said:

If the new turbo ZF fis from the same  type of car (FG) then anyone with PCMTec Workshop Software can reset it back to the correct calibration.

If the ZF is changed to a BF Mechatronics you have two options:

1. Contact WhiteFord Tech and get them to reflash the Operating system in the TCM and reset the calibration
  2. Contact a PCMTec Workshop and we can guide them.

Fitting another fg box in another fg. But cant find how to load the zf file