GT tune into GS

Gonads

Hey Guys,

I've recently bought an FG Mk1 GS with the 315kW Miami supercharged engine. I'm hoping to do a few tweaks here and there and I've got a bit of experience tuning my own cars (got great results using RomRaider in my Subaru which has seen bulk track time). I've purchased the professional license and I'm hoping to firstly upgrade the 315kW tune to at least match the FG MK1 GT335 state of tune.

I've downloaded the Mk1 supercharged auto file (HAFFBE2) and I've extracted and licensed the file from my GS (HAFFAE3). If I've done things correctly, there is bugger-all difference between the two files, using the "load compare file" function. The image below shows the difference between the two files.image.thumb.png.79e4f485e1c8d50f91df76bdd106dc88.png

Are there any particular maps that should be different or is it really the case that the GS is basically the same as the GT, other than the advertised power and the number on the bonnet? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Roland. Cheers for the quick reply!

Good point-I've got no idea if the HAFFBE2 is the 335. I really don't know how many different Mk1 FG supercharged auto tunes are out there. I guess I just assumed that if it's different to the code for my GS then there's not too many other options out there. Please set me straight if I'm wrong as I'm here to learn.

Here's the difference:

image.thumb.png.a78df390db59dff120f1611510e71213.png

Thanks,

Ben

There are about 900 strategies between 2002 and 2017 so chances are it isn't. The workshop version of the software has a full calibration list which you can compare certain things between however without the original catch code you will still be making an educated guess. 

We have listed several of the more common strategies in another thread if you want to compare against them. 

I've been comparing the stock GS and an XR8 Sprint calibration, which was very interesting. There I was thinking I'm a frickin' genius after "uncovering" some major differences in "throttle angle (pedal position)" and "desired throttle angle". I then had a look in the forums to ensure I was using the right method to copy across changed data only to find that all the throttle position info I had "discovered" was sitting there for all to see, neatly framed in it's own thread.

This place is great-I was a bit apprehensive about the purchase price of the software but just making the GS perform like a GT will be enough to justify it. The insight into the strategies are a bonus!

Roland-Thanks heaps for your quick replies to my stupid questions!

...Ben

• Like 1

Try these calibrations. They have "GTF" in the notes field, no guarantees they are though. The Ute/Sedan identifier may be incorrect as well but you can probably verify that by looking at the diff/gear ratios and comparing it to what they were released with.

HAFH4CD 2012 Manual 5.0 Ute (?)

HAFH4ED 2012 auto 5.0 Ute (?)

HAFJ1K2 Unknown Sedan

HAFJ2Y2 2014 Manual 5.0 Sedan

Awesome. Thanks Sam-I’ll have a look. Roland has hooked me up with a GT-F 351 calibration as well. Throttle stuff is as expected (80% rather than 50) but turbocharger desired limits are very different (mostly higher). I need to understand boost control strategies and transmission protection a bit better but I think there’s gains to be had here.

Great info in here.

My couple little tips with playing with the Miami is be careful when opening the throttle from 50% to 80%, I haven't personally looked but check what ford did with the timing between the GS and the GT-F and this should give you an idea of what needs to happen with timing. Also opening the throttle more will effect the boost levels hence the change in the boost control tables.