CAI

fordsrule

Fordsrule, I doubt there will be any tuning required as the Ford uses a Temperature and Manifold Absolute Pressure (T-MAP) sensor (located in the intake at an optimal position)  to calculate the actual air being ingested by the engine. The cold air intake should reduce the temperature and maybe reduce restriction so that more air can get into the engine. In both cases the T-MAP sensor will detect the change and compensate accordingly.

If you modified the exhaust or camshafts then you would have changed the VE of the engine and that would require changes to the Speed Density tables to reflect the VE changes.

42 minutes ago, Darryl@pcmtec said:

Fordsrule, I doubt there will be any tuning required as the Ford uses a Temperature and Manifold Absolute Pressure (T-MAP) sensor (located in the intake at an optimal position)  to calculate the actual air being ingested by the engine. The cold air intake should reduce the temperature and maybe reduce restriction so that more air can get into the engine. In both cases the T-MAP sensor will detect the change and compensate accordingly.

If you modified the exhaust or camshafts then you would have changed the VE of the engine and that would require changes to the Speed Density tables to reflect the VE changes.

Hi Darryl, ok i better mention that the exhaust is modified, there is a set of Pacemaker extractors with a hi-flow cat and a 2.5in system.

Does that make a difference lol?

Thx

Fordsrule, yes that might make a difference.?

I would gather information first and see what the Long Term Fuel trims are doing as well as a full power run to see if the commanded lambda from the Base Fuel table is close to what you are expecting. The mods may not be too far away and a simple Speed Density tuning like I outlined here:

Should cover the tune quite well. If you can log LTFT, RPM, Cam Angle and then plot the graph with the same breakpoints as in the tune then you can do a quick fix for the points where the LTFT is > 4% (<0.96  or > 1.04). 

59 minutes ago, Darryl@pcmtec said:

Fordsrule, yes that might make a difference.?

I would gather information first and see what the Long Term Fuel trims are doing as well as a full power run to see if the commanded lambda from the Base Fuel table is close to what you are expecting. The mods may not be too far away and a simple Speed Density tuning like I outlined here:

Should cover the tune quite well. If you can log LTFT, RPM, Cam Angle and then plot the graph with the same breakpoints as in the tune then you can do a quick fix for the points where the LTFT is > 4% (<0.96  or > 1.04). 

Thakyou Sir, I shall get into it asap

Cheers