FG NA Barra Torque Reduction

Falcs

Just wondering if it is possible to add torque reduction to the FG NA Barra auto on the shifts? It currently feels to me almost like they have a throttle cut 1st to 2nd but would like it to make the backfire sound on gear changes if possible?

Also can rev matching be added to the ZFs?

Cheers

On 5/18/2019 at 10:00 PM, Falcs said:

Also can rev matching be added to the ZFs?

Cheers

As above, check out the torque requestor thread for an understanding of the not so simple torque system in the Falcons. Once you understand that you should be able to make it do anything you want on a shift. I've been told the pop pop pop fuel cut on gearshift is possible on the BTRs and BF ZF6s, though I have never experimented on what is required myself. If someone in SA want's to donate an auto ZF vehicle for a week I could look at researching what is required.

Rev matching would require large code additions and would not be feasible without OEM level access to the TCM source code etc. As cool as it would be I can't see this ever happening unfortunately. It would be a very big job.

The ZF6 BMWs have rev matching however they run a completely different TCM/PCM to control the gearbox.