Torque calculation gable

Hey Richard,

Found these awhile ago while reading into it https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?69427-Torque-Table-Inverse-Calculator

Also interested in why you're needing to change them.  i.e. is there an issue you're trying to fix or just want to match them for your motor off a dyno sheet etc.  I'm not entirely 100% on what these are used for.  Throttle, torque events, transmission, all of the above?  :)  if you could shed any light on the subject, i'm sure i'm not the only one interested.

Yeah I've often wondered about this.  i understand that being pegged at the higher loads is fine for us when we are over the torque set in there.  But what about if the car is making significant torque below this? say at loads 0.8-1.7 as its getting up to full boost.  Will the car be limiting the output, ETC position in relation to driver demand etc?  I have turned off a lot of traction control and ETC reductions in the hope of avoiding this problem, if its a problem. 

Just curious.

Just out of experimenting, I would think my engine is iutputting torque values closer to say a sprint engine(higher comp, bigger turbo) compared to an earlier FG xr6t having a smaller turbo. If I input the engine torque values, I do notice some differences straight away, gear shifts are a lot quicker/ firmer with the sprint engine torque values present. 

On 7/18/2019 at 6:30 PM, richardpalinkas said:

Just out of experimenting, I would think my engine is iutputting torque values closer to say a sprint engine(higher comp, bigger turbo) compared to an earlier FG xr6t having a smaller turbo. If I input the engine torque values, I do notice some differences straight away, gear shifts are a lot quicker/ firmer with the sprint engine torque values present. 

Ensure you have a good look the ZF calibration to the Sprint as well. The ZF and the PCM are in constant communication about torque and throttle position, ...

Changing the torque table in the engine gets communicated to the ZF via CAN, if the ZF does not like what it sees then it will request torque cut or throttle cut in some cases.

We have had customers alter the torque table and ZF will tell the car to shut the throttle no matter what your settings on throttle cut are.

Also when the ZF requests a torque reduction of say 120Nm it wants to see that torque reduction figure from the engine.

• Like 1