data logging

will15

Datalogging is currently being developed. We expect to release our stand alone datalogger later in the year. We have roughly ~4000 DMRs mapped for each strategy allowing you to datalog the x,y and x values of most tables.

In the mean time you can datalog the basics using free tools such as Forscan. These will allow you to log ignition and fuel trims.

• 7 months later...
35 minutes ago, Skidpro said:

Is this feature out yet? If not, when do you exapect to release it, tentatively ?

No estimates. We can get held up for 3-4 weeks at a time with support and other feature requests. So it is basically impossible to give realistic time frames. 1 month or 12 months depending how things go. Eg we had the basics working back in early November then spent the last 2 months doing QA and getting 0.75 released so we didn't touch datalogging at all over that period.

• 7 months later...
23 hours ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

The PCM has no ability to record data. You would need to leave a tablet datalogging in the background with the DLP8 cable. 

Sorry probably a poor way to word my question

I understand that the PCM cant log any data but can a wideband be wired in to a spare input on the PCM so when you are data logging via a laptop or tablet the wideband will show up in the data stream of the log?

Edited by 0081

You need to buy a separate USB analog input cable. We have added support (but it is not yet enabled) for the DLP8 8 channel analog input cable. They do free shipping if you buy a few of the cables so you could do a group purchase. They are roughly $40. This will show up in the datastream along with the rest of the DMRs.

https://www.digikey.com.au/product-detail/en/DLP-IO8-G/813-1010-ND/1894342/?itemSeq=286026595

If you delete the DLP8.xml file it may work in the beta, but it will log voltage only. We are working on an equation editor so you can define the voltage to AFR lookup.

Full support should be available soon.

1 hour ago, will15 said:

Is there a way to change units in the logger , I’m logging desired boost and manifold pressure and the values make no sense to me.

Next version there will be.

Currently everything is in "native" units. Eg what Ford use from the factory. This means imperial for everything. inHG (inches of mercury) for pressure, °F for temperature etc.

You can use the unit converter or google to translate. Or export to a CSV, apply a math formula and re-open them.

15 hours ago, will15 said:

Is there a way to change units in the logger , I’m logging desired boost and manifold pressure and the values make no sense to me.

Ok no worries, is there a way to select all on the ticked box’s or save what you  previously had selected for the pids 

22 hours ago, fordsrule said:

Hi, I've only seen a small amount of channels that are being logged at the moment, do I need to change a setting or is it because it's only a beta?

Cheers

How many do you have selected?, what version are you running?. Mine is logging heaps it’s just a pain having to unselect a 100 ticked box’s every time you re-open the logger.

2 hours ago, will15 said:

How many do you have selected?, what version are you running?. Mine is logging heaps it’s just a pain having to unselect a 100 ticked box’s every time you re-open the logger.

I'm running the latest beta. I have selected probably 5 out of only about 10 to 15. I expected to see more available pids. I have only had a brief look at it so far though

On 9/20/2019 at 10:32 AM, will15 said:

Ok no worries, is there a way to select all on the ticked box’s or save what you  previously had selected for the pids 

Yes just press file -> save/load log layout. It is a plain text file so you can open it in notepad and make up new layouts/re-order the items by hand if you wanted to.