User Guide: First time setup of the Editor and vehicle read

3 minutes ago, Cookie92 said:

Triad this and 2 different USB cablesĀ 

Try ticking the auto connect, set the ISO support to the same as what I have & then close FORScan completely & reopen it. Maybe try a reboot & if unsuccessful, get in touch with TiPerformance as advised.

On 3/2/2020 at 1:30 PM, Roland@pcmtec said:

This question got missed. Better late than never!

Partial Write

Partial write does nothing when reading a vehicle. When writing if the software can determine that nothing else has written to the vehicle since the last time you read/wrote the car, it will do a differential compare and only write the modified sections. This means a much faster (6-12 second) write than the standard 1 minute 40.

If someone else has modified the vehicle or you have a different file open, the partial write feature will automatically disable itself.

Partial write is available for the Black/Spanish Oak Falcon and TC1791 Mustang PCMs.

Calibration Only

This currently is not enabled for the majority of calibrations. In the newer Mustangs it will allow you to only read the minimum amount of ROM, this results in a reduced read time.

Recovery Mode:

This feature ignores all errors and disables the automatic detection of the PCM type (determined via VIN). When using recovery mode it will attempt to write the vehicle using the PCM type selected from the dropdown menu. Care should be used as this will allow writing the wrong file type to many vehicles, worst case the PCMs are only soft bricked and can be written to again.

Recovery mode also uses some special undocumented functionality to force Mustang PCMs into bootloader mode. This is useful when an invalid strategy has been flashed into a vehicle.

Recovery mode should only be used when a previous flash write has failed and the PCM is in an erased state to ensure errors are correctly handled and the correct PCM type is automatically determined.

I still can't get tactrix to connect iv found the drivers in device manager and its coming up with code 52 anyone seen this before how can I fix?

Screenshot_20201219-135447_eBay.jpg

1 hour ago, Cookie92 said:

I still can't get tactrix to connect iv found the drivers in device manager and its coming up with code 52 anyone seen this before how can I fix?

Screenshot_20201219-135447_eBay.jpg

There's info on "Windows Driver error 52" if you do a google search and the message it displays is basically telling what's wrong.

Have you tried uninstalling OpenPort 2.0 rebooting and reinstalling?

You could check the "openport.sys" file to see what it displays

Ā 

openport.sys.png

openport.sys2.png

9 hours ago, Cookie92 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Follow this YouTube video and solved the issueĀ 

Great to see you got it sorted. Google usually has the answers. It's not that long ago that I setup my Mac. Wondering now if I used an installer I had on One Drive or if I downloaded the latest version.

I might have to install the latest drivers & see if it breaks or if it still works ok.

10 hours ago, galapogos01 said:

Weird problem, haven't got to the bottom yet. Latest driver has newer dates/versions FYI.

I am picking certificate/date issue or something else funky going on with the PC.

Image 20201219-214712.png

Is your Tatrix working ok with the later driver version?

Contemplating updating my driver to see if my Tatrix still works or if it breaks my Mac

• Thanks 1

EDITED.......DO NOT USE THE LATEST DRIVERS.....TATRIX no-longer working...."No ELM Found"

I'll send an email to Tatrix and let them know so they can sort the issue with Microsoft & update the registry as per the Youtube video.

I've just downloaded the latest drivers & had a look at the "openport.sys" properties. It would appear Tatrix have been made aware/realised there was a driver issue & have provided a new Driver version.

I'll update my drivers in a while & see if it all still works

Version 1.02.0.4943.......

Ā 

Tatrix 1.02.0.4943.png

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, Cookie92 said:

Roland do use have a user guide meanings of everything or a beginners tuner guideĀ 20201220_093615.thumb.jpg.d487c9be42d3df0ebd68e4e8daf478a7.jpg

No but Dave Symons is working on a training manual. If you want to know what something means post a forum thread. There is 20 years of engineering in these processors from 100s of engineers. It is not something you can expect to pick up over night. Set view - > pcm to enthusiast only and disable the other levels to simplify the parameters shown.Ā 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

No but Dave Symons is working on a training manual. If you want to know what something means post a forum thread. There is 20 years of engineering in these processors from 100s of engineers. It is not something you can expect to pick up over night. Set view - > pcm to enthusiast only and disable the other levels to simplify the parameters shown.Ā 

Awesome roland can you put me down for a copy of that whens the release dateĀ 

14 hours ago, Bill said:

Is your Tatrix working ok with the later driver version?

Contemplating updating my driver to see if my Tatrix still works or if it breaks my Mac

Latest Tactrix drivers as shown in my screenshot worked fine here. Make sure you're downloading from the Tactrix website.

Edited by galapogos01

7 hours ago, galapogos01 said:

Latest Tactrix drivers as shown in my screenshot worked fine here. Make sure you're downloading from the Tactrix website.

I've downloaded the latest version (later than the one you've installed) from the Tatrix website & have rendered my device unusable unless I follow the steps in the YouTube video posted earlier.

I'm not going to edit the registry at this point unless I really need my device. I've done some research and it would appear that if you haven't done Windows 10 Updates in a while, you will get away with updating drivers & if you update windows afterwards you are fine but if you update windows before installing the drivers, you will have issues.

I've emailed Tatrix & opened a case. I've let them know that at this point in time, I won't update the registry and am willing to test a new driver.....unless I need the Tatrix. Hopefully, they'll get it sorted quickly. It appears after using the same drivers for several years, they've had a few driver updates recently & whatever Microsoft are doing with updates, it appears to be affecting drivers.

• 11 months later...
29 minutes ago, boostedfalcon said:

hey guys experiencing an issue licencing a ba falcon its saying the .dat file is missing and still showing as unlicensed but has used credits. thanks or any help. first time pcm tec user

Send an email to support and they'll get you sorted. It'll be quicker than waiting for someone to log onto the forum and see your post.

support@pcmtec.com

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boostedfalcon said:

hey guys experiencing an issue licencing a ba falcon its saying the .dat file is missing and still showing as unlicensed but has used credits. thanks or any help. first time pcm tec user

I'm not sure if this'll work but worth a try. Close PCMTEC & reopen it so it re-sync's with the server. This is how we get updated globals etc & might just sync the .dat file.

If that doesn't work, then @Puffwagonhas provided the answer you need

• Roland@pcmtec changed the title to User Guide: First time setup of the Editor and vehicle read