UI Suggestions.

Puffwagon

On 7/27/2018 at 1:57 PM, Roland@pcmtec said:

Any other UI suggestions you guys have don't hold back, anything that can help speed up the process of building a tune we would like to implement.

On 7/27/2018 at 2:50 PM, Puffwagon said:

Off the top of my head without thinking into it too much...I love a good brainstorm ?

Prefilled injector data for most mainstream injectors at stock reg pressure.

Perhaps a fuel pressure offset table for guys running aftermarket regs at different/constant pressures. Could you do a fuel pressure input and have a variable speed pump control output?

You want one decimal place for spark as it is pretty common to use half a degree.

Would it be possible to have a wideband input, a desired afr map and some type of histogram to show the offset needed to achieve it along with influencing tables/scalars? Something similar for spark and knock would be good but I spose that is pretty standard. Being able to change the whole table by the logged offset, ala winlog/tewblog, would enable quick map adjustments.

You've already mentioned data tracing and highlighting every affected table/scalar. This will be awesome.

A basic zf tuning manual highlighting which shift tables need to be changed to increase pressure and shift speed/points for paying customers. On that topic perhaps varying degrees of prefilled zf tune that can be used at ones own risk.

We've already got reds and greens but perhaps a warning system for clearly incorrect or dangerous cell entries. Although there is a range for the cell, we already saw today that an incorrect entry can cause problems. This could be limited to (final?) spark, fuel and wastegate areas.

Basic stock tune upgrade wizard. Detect the pcm/tcm and providing everything is stock (confirmed by the tuner/customer), load a suitable tune from a higher powered car such as f6, sprint etc. This will help noobs upgrade safely, at their own risk of course.

Wideband input with throttle blade close function on lean out. This could be tuned with map vs afr voltage.

There's a few spelling mistakes in the software as well, not that I'm picking. I guess that's part of getting it polished.

Anyhow, hopefully there's something good in there.

On 7/27/2018 at 2:53 PM, Roland@pcmtec said:

These are easy ones to fix. If you find any, please let us know!

I'm aware there are some in the ford descriptions, however there are about 40,000 of them to go through and Darryl almost necked himself the first time he did it. So if you see any, let us know.

I like the rest of the ideas, a lot of that stuff will come with datalogging, so we can really see how good we can make the software then.

54 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

That's all good mate. I'll start the thread after if you want it up. 

Haha ironically I've had to fix the spark tables to read one decimal place but it'll solve the issue that will15 and i had.

I did think of another thing tho. Being able to highlight one line at a time so they're isn't a mess of lines to look through with the new feature. 

It's a good addition however ☺️

• On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:24 PM, Roland@pcmtec said:

Can you give step by step instructions of what you did?

I have sorted the compare file stuff out, but for copy and paste say I want to copy boarder line knock table and paste it to mbt table. I select the hole boarder line knock table and then copy, open the mbt table highlight the hole table then paste.

• 1 year later...

Aaaayyyyyy.

Is it possible to make the vertical scrolling line in the data logger responsive to the cursors at all times instead of after a left click?

Also because the line is at the far left or far right after highlighting an area of the log, when you go to click the line to move it, it will move the highlighted area of the log which is annoying.

That's all I can think of right now but already I'm liking this software a lot more than hpt, especially the super fast partial write times and the fact that the data logger and tuning navigator are in the same program.