DATA LOGGER

DanStraffa

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, finnigan001 said:

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what additional hardware we will require for the datalogger to talk to our laptops.  Want to be ready for when its released :P

Cheers,

Nothing at all!

It will use the tactrix and connect straight to the vehicle. As for logging widebands etc they will require an analog to canbus converter, or if you use a mainline dyno we will be adding support to poll the dyno direct via an OBD Y Cable.

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2018 at 1:13 PM, Roland@pcmtec said:

Yes. We will support CAN and usb/serial based widebands. We will also be adding support to poll mainline dynos and grab the afr, torque power etc from them. 

Thats awesome.  I obviously have the tactrix, but i also have the LC-1 with serial to usb.  I cant wait for this next version to come out. Literally going to change my life :P hahah

12 hours ago, Gabbo32 said:

may be a silly question, but what would be required to log directly to the tactrix using the microSD port?

Won't be possible as tactrix don't supply any api to do that. We've asked repeatedly but they never reply to emails about it. You can only use it with romraider and subarus.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2018 at 3:13 PM, Roland@pcmtec said:

Yes. We will support CAN and usb/serial based widebands. We will also be adding support to poll mainline dynos and grab the afr, torque power etc from them. 

Will logging from the mainline dyno be via the obd2 port from the dyno and just a software update with dyno.

53 minutes ago, will15 said:

Will logging from the mainline dyno be via the obd2 port from the dyno and just a software update with dyno.

We will pull the mainline dyno figures and display them in our software. So you will simply need a y cable. This will be something that comes in a later update. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Too busy getting the major update for Custom OS/Tuner lock etc all completed. Datalogging will come out after that is done.

We already have working datalogging but we won't release it to the public until it is more polished, otherwise we will be inundated with support requests for items we already know are not finished/working.

We will post in here as soon as it is ready.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Data logger development is back underway. We now have dynamic logging where you can select/deselect channels in the middle of a log. The video is mainly to demonstrate the mouse pan/zoom features which does away with the need for a manual axis setup which can be very time consuming to set up. The layout will still be changed quite a bit.

Ultimately we will be aiming for a layout similar to the mockup below with 4 main charts each with 4 (standard) or up to 8 traces per chart. The current value and label will be shown on the side. There will also be a grid view with all active scalar values, this will mainly be for  logging text values (torque sources) etc and you don't require a graph view.

51883563_1993000277669995_62326697088778240_n.png?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=8d40e2e0ebf53cc58aaa9bafd1410ef4&oe=5CE3054B

• Like 7

Too early for that, we don't even have a pause/stop button yet! When it is closer to release we will let people know in here if they would like it trial a beta version.

I'm working on this close to full time at the moment, so it should happen soonish!

What do people say these days, 2 weeks away? ?

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have a beta version with analog inputs working (as seen in the video) but there are just small features we need before we send it out. Otherwise we will get flooded with questions about things we already know are not complete, so we are just going to wait until it is more polished.

Haha see you soon!

I was in a good position because when I wired accessories into my BA it was one at a time and so was a bit of a dog's breakfast. When I replaced it with the FG, I could basically make up one loom for everything I knew I wanted so it is nice and clean. I then left the data logging wires for the wideband easily accessible so I could wire this up when the time came. Was barely a 5 min job ?

• 4 weeks later...