Cruise Control!

BeerTurbo

Howdy

today i decided to fix the clock spring in the daily, it only been a year - but who's counting.

anyway its a base model XT BA falcon ute. I have since added the cruise control buttons to the steering wheel and the different brake sensor that is apparently required for cruise control.

The cruise control does not work, so i went in PCMTECH to see whats up.

auF0390 - Cruise Control Switch - is set to 1 (Hardware present switch for Vehicle Speed Control system (Cruise Control))

Stock is one so i figgure its right, or?

Just went and fixed all the brake light situation, as a forum post said no cruse control without working brake lights - still no go.

http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?67281117-Early-BA-Falcon-Ute-questions

Gday guys cruise activation can be done by anyone with a Ford IDS Scanner and the relevant software, it is available in the programmable parameters section or the module programmer under speed control. if you need it done we can do it. We sell kits for $160.00 plus $100.00 fitted and programmed. if you fit them and just want it programmed we charge $35.00 cheers Stuart (08) 8341 1122. In answer to your question territorys are the same in fact most of the territorys that have come in to us already have the correct brake switches you just need to add the steering wheels switches. dont be fooled you do not need two keys to progam speed control it just adds a parameter it does not activate the PATS.
hope this helps
BSM

is that any help, i cant see anything in that subsection that is obvious

On 8/12/2018 at 3:03 PM, BeerTurbo said:

Just went and fixed all the brake light situation, as a forum post said no cruse control without working brake lights - still no go.

http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?67281117-Early-BA-Falcon-Ute-questions

is that any help, i cant see anything in that subsection that is obvious

I've never tried doing this sorry.

I suspect you need to use IDS to reprogram the BCM/ICC etc to expect these signals and ensure the data is passed back onto the PCM. As far as I know these signals don't go to the PCM but rather another module, it then sends this data back to the PCM via canbus. I could be wrong however.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 8/13/2018 at 6:04 PM, Whiteford said:

Thanks Roland,

The cruise control is set within the PCM VID Block (F0390) is correct, however other factors will contribute to its operation. Some other parameters to look into include F16617, F0392 etc. These can all be located within the VID Block.

Some key things to remember with Cruise Control are the tire size, wheel rotation and differential ratio. Make sure these are set to what is fitted to the car. If these are incorrect, the cruise control will never work.

Two readings you will need to data log are Brake Boost Pressure and Brake Light Switch activation. If the PCM reads any Brake Pressure applied from the ABS Module or the Brake Lights activated, this will also cause the cruise control to not engage.

As far as IDS is concerned, depending on the PCM calibration, there is only one setting that can be adjusted as pictured below.

Capture.PNG

i had a similar issue, i found in the vid block i had to change

speed control to enabled from unconfigured

speed control type to basic intergrated from unconfigured

problem sorted

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...