Torque management

will15

Is anyone  successfully running Torque management (timing retard on gear shift) and not getting boost spikes on the gear shift with a biggish turbo. Can you just do say 20% torque management or is it a thing that should only be set to  either on or off?

I have a 66mm turbo with a ported internal gate.

I've tried leaving a dip in the boost maps where the gear change lands and that works, except it comes on boost slower. Apparently that is common practice.

I also messed with some of the overboost and turbo settings and had some luck there. It's been a while since I played with it so can't remember it all from the top of my head.

I think that the internal gate isn't big enough and cant react quick enough to prevent boost spikes in an auto car but maybe someone knows better?

This is running a 50mm external gate which works well, but if I’m commanding 50 dc for the gate and I get -5deg on a gear shift it over boost. I don’t see how I could adjust the wgdc table for a gear change as a gear shift can happen in different rpm range depending on throttle position. I had a g6e that I was playing with TM and reduced it to 10% but some times it would gear shift weird.

If you are getting boost spikes on timing retard play with this table. auF3002 "Change in spark adder to waste gate duty cycle"

image.png.673de9c1e57e2deee8af899812c783aa.png

This is a multiplier to the wastegate duty cycle for spark retard. So as you can see on 20 degrees retard it should be commanding ~10% less duty cycle. Try blowing this table out until you get no boost spike.

Note that this table is only available in the FG

Hi thanks for that, I tried playing with end less combinations with that table and it seems to only want to give me 100dc or 0 dc I would like to take out 20 % dc at 0 deg so I put in the 0 colum -0.2 and it gives 0 dc until spark cut on gear change then gives me 38% dc. If I try -0.09 it does nothing. Is it playing off some other table I might have done something to?

If you put anything in the 0 cell you will cause issues. That means it will be subtracting a value from the commanded duty cycle when there is NO spark retard. You want it to only occur when there is spark retard.

How much spark retard is being commanded on shifts? Once you know that value you know which cell to edit.