antivirus false positive

smickorandy

This seems to happen from time to time. For some reason one anti virus will flag a false positive then the rest copy each other so we play whack a mole for weeks flagging false positives everywhere.

I will submit the demo again as a false positive.

Thanks for the report. If this happens to anyone else can you post a screenshot up like this?

• 9 months later...

Lots of crappy heuristic engines out there.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/a0e37e7c165c00abbde30f62e5bdd93e86f1d002bc3c34c1dcdba8e5e2b9921b

We had our certificate revoked due to the packer we used to use causing too many false positives. Commodo are a bunch of pricks and bulk revoked certs that had false positives against them without contacting the companies in question.

The fact most of these engines mark all packed exes as malicious is absurd, what is even more absurd is they whitelist your exe by just emailing them. So that means if I was writing a virus, I could just email all the companies to get it whitelisted. Other than known widely distributed exploits anti virus is useless.