Knock sensor sensitivity

will15

What’s the deal with these falcon knock sensors and the adjustment of the  sensitivity it seems to be backwards of what the discription is. I know ford have a complex way about  implementing there knock  strategy, so what’s the best way to stop kr pulling timing when you definitely know there is no knock?.

What’s the table number I’ll have a look, but I don’t think that’s really what I want to  achieved. I still want it to pull, eg 5 deg of timing if it dose see knock and not pull timing when there is no knock. They just seem to pull timing all the time even when there stock they pull heaps of timing.

22 minutes ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

How do you know there is no knock? Do you have knock ears? 

They knock constantly when stock as the computer will keep adding timing until it does. 

Yes I run I plex knock monitor, all so tried testing with race gas. My  border line knock and mbt tables are the same in higher load area’s so no timing should be added I  assume.

2 hours ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

How do you know there is no knock? Do you have knock ears? 

They knock constantly when stock as the computer will keep adding timing until it does. 

Yes I run I plex knock monitor, all so tried testing with race gas. My  border line knock and mbt tables are the same in higher load area’s so no timing should be added I  assume.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

just on this. 

if i was to reduce the sensitivity by 20% does it = 20% less of X number, or is that just an on paper theory?
(still running the NA sensor data on my NA+T  just want to understand how that it works

Edited by dat111

On 4/19/2022 at 2:14 PM, dat111 said:

just on this. 

if i was to reduce the sensitivity by 20% does it = 20% less of X number, or is that just an on paper theory?
(still running the NA sensor data on my NA+T  just want to understand how that it works

Check a bf xr6t file against yours, you'll see the difference with the knock data. I would reframe playing with it too much until you can get it on a dyno with some knock ears.

• Like 1