PCMTEC Forums
darcati

ZF 2-3 shift on light throttle

Need to pick the forum members brains on a ZF issue i have with my built ZF.

When it does the 2-3 shift in drive on light throttle at around 2000rpm it lets go of 2nd revs rise briefly before 3rd comes on rather than being quick and smooth.

It feels like the delay between 2nd letting go 3rd engaging is too long BUT changes below 1500rpm and above 3000rpm are fine.

Being new to this I'm not sure if I should I be adjusting off/on going pressures and where would these changes be done?

Appreciate any help in advance.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:35 PM, darcati said:

Need to pick the forum members brains on a ZF issue i have with my built ZF.

When it does the 2-3 shift in drive on light throttle at around 2000rpm it lets go of 2nd revs rise briefly before 3rd comes on rather than being quick and smooth.

It feels like the delay between 2nd letting go 3rd engaging is too long BUT changes below 1500rpm and above 3000rpm are fine.

Being new to this I'm not sure if I should I be adjusting off/on going pressures and where would these changes be done?

Appreciate any help in advance.

Provided your transmission settings are standard copy the torque converter settings (yes torque converter settings) from a standard sprint tune and try that, it helped mine.

• Thanks 1