BF F6 tune into BF XR6

hiboost

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to flash a stock BF F6 auto tune into BF XR6 Turbo auto, or would you have to open both strategies and copy and paste the relevant data and would this flash be possible on the professional level of software.

And if it is possible where would I find a BF F6 file to load or copy from?

Thanks Neil 

Depends. If the vehicle is the same model and all the modules match up it will probably work, no guarantees though. If the modules (ABS, BCM, etc) don't match up you might be stuck with a DSC/ABS fault or other items that don't work correctly. Eg if you flash a BA F6 into a BA XR6T you get a permanent low oil pressure light as the F6 ran a different oil pressure sensor.

If you know the strategy/catch code of the BF F6 you could do this with professional. There is a list of common strategies here, no guarantees that they are completely compatible. Otherwise the workshop version of the software contains a full list of all ~900 strategies which you could go through to try and find the one you want. Remember that you need to license each OSID separately.

https://forum.pcmtec.com/index.php?/topic/105-common-strategies-and-catchcodes/

Personally I would just take the car to one of the workshops and get it dyno tuned.

• Thanks 1

Yes but you won't be able to see that from the list, you'd have to manually open each calibration to check that. This is the figure I'm talking about. You can filter the list as well like excel to really narrow it down.

image.png.d9a138a8ba7871a1bf2587521da576e5.png

image.png.e18725743d8f3803376f5345a4f6daa9.pngimage.png.d3b1a9edc9db751f03d033d828883f20.png

Then sort by spark value (click the header to sort by it). The lowest values will be the FG Sprint, F6 etc

image.thumb.png.bba741ded0f60cc12669010ef286d271.png

If the F6 runs different injectors you could sort on low/high slope as well to determine which ones are running different injectors.

• Thanks 1

Just found this out via another customer today. If you use the F6 file in a non F6 vehicle you will get a permanent low oil pressure lamp, this is as the loom is inverted in the F6, I believe this is something to do with the factory oil pressure guage that they run. To fix this fault you need to invert auF12646 and set it to 1. If it is set to 0 it will expect the wiring from an F6 to be present.

52797008_299914330719243_2351290768297033728_n.png?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=90018efa8ef6270778bb158978a87547&oe=5CDC3BC5

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 2/24/2019 at 5:18 PM, hiboost said:

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to flash a stock BF F6 auto tune into BF XR6 Turbo auto, or would you have to open both strategies and copy and paste the relevant data and would this flash be possible on the professional level of software.

And if it is possible where would I find a BF F6 file to load or copy from?

Thanks Neil 

BF MKII F6 Manual ute strategy is HACCKC6. As per Rolls comments, you will get the low oil pressure light on that can be switched & ABS fault. Forscan will allow you to switch the ABS calibration from XR6T ute to F6 ute etc.

I believe the differences between the XR6T & F6 was a larger intercooler, airbox If they were swapped with F6 parts then it might be safe to run the F6 tune at your own risk of course

54 minutes ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

I didn't know that, that is really handy!

Happy to share information.

Screenshots of FORScan ABS programming. Errors were present when I bought the BFII Craig Lowndes XR6T manual ute....really cheap after the faulty PCM was replaced with a second hand F6 PCM. It had ABS & oil pressure fault codes & lights on.

2 different Ford dealers tried reprogramming the ABS module & even replaced the ABS module & tried again with no success. They were trying to calibrate the ABS with the XR6T calibration. They both were aware that the PCM had been replaced as it was documented on their receipts for work carried out but they didn’t check the PCM calibration. One also did an oil pressure check & replaced the sensor with both a genuine & aftermarket oil pressure sensor trying to work out why the oil light was on.

From the VIN stored in the PCM I determined it was from a F6 manual ute. I was able to write the ABS calibration 09 03 04 for the FPV ute & cleared the ABS fault. It’s now been reflashed with the XR6T 09 02 04 ABS calibration using FORScan & the correct XR6T PCM Calibration using the PCMtec “Create Stock File From Strategy or Catchcode” & “Manually Merge VID/Serial”. I used the Tear Tag B7BA to find the right calibration. The PCM still has the F6 VIN which doesn’t worry because everything else is right. Very simple with PCMtec. I wish I didn’t buy HP a few years ago when I was watching the development of this in the pcmhacking forum, lol

4C92CE66-F904-4F11-9FE5-65A131E072A6.jpeg

7074F589-647E-4F0D-87B6-1FCD385C57B5.png

• 7 months later...