Ba + turbo running external boost controler

Anarchy897

Hi,

If anyone can please point me in the right dircetion that would be great. I have just completed a turbo on and ba falcon.

9.7 compression ratio engine, tr6060 gearbox with 3.73 diff ratio.

The car seems very laggy and seems to pull spark left right and centre. I have the professional version of pcmtech and would love any help.

Have upgrade valve spings and oil pump as well as serviced stock injectors and a 4 bar regulator. Not planning on more than 8 psi boost at this point as dont need that much power.

Any help would be appreciated

HAANGB2.tec wtf am i doing wrong A.teclog

Hi Mate, Thanks for the reply,

you were very right to be scared. Sleeping only 4 hours a night for the last week trying to get this right is just not healthy.

I have since loaded another file the HAAT0V6.  think I may have a different issue however. I have run this one and logged it.

I have checked the fuel pressure but seem to be running rich alot of the time. I will be loading a stock na tune and removing boost to make sure the engine, injectors and pcm are all working correctly.

After that i will start again. As far as I can see running super rich may have saved me.

HAAT0V6.tec

13 hours ago, Anarchy897 said:

Hi Mate, Thanks for the reply,

you were very right to be scared. Sleeping only 4 hours a night for the last week trying to get this right is just not healthy.

I have since loaded another file the HAAT0V6.  think I may have a different issue however. I have run this one and logged it.

I have checked the fuel pressure but seem to be running rich alot of the time. I will be loading a stock na tune and removing boost to make sure the engine, injectors and pcm are all working correctly.

After that i will start again. As far as I can see running super rich may have saved me.

HAAT0V6.tec 873.63 kB · 0 downloads

Hi Mate,

i would not be swapping strategies around until you fully understand what's going on. I would be using the one that came with the engine/pcm and leaving the vct and speed density stockish, at least under 3000. Use the fuel table to target a rich number, then work on the speed density table until it hits that number, then start to lean it out.

if you think its rich data log the 02 and see if there adding fuel, if there broken, etc etc.

what fuel pump do you have, if its over a 255lph unit its proberly over pressuring the std type fuel regulator that's will cause you all sorts of problems.

I personally like to run a 255 pump with the f6 440's injectors as they are pretty on par matches for flow capability.

I was going on the assumption you are doing a NA +t. so if you look at the spark maps i sent you its pretty stockish up untill around 0.9 load and then takes a big dip. as this is where your going to start seeing boost. The two files you have sent look more like they have the turbo spark and thats way to much to start with. You need to have your spark low, dial in your fuel, then adjust your spark. The only thing saving you before was your knock sensors pulling basically as much spark as they were allowed to.

your fuel map in that ones, i guess your just playing with it? but your really dont need to start feeding it fuel under 2500, you want your cruse RPM/Load up to prob 120 kmhr to be at a fueing of 1 so that the car is in closed loop and trying to acive stoic for fuel economy. when you know what your car does there regards to rpm an TPS counts you can feed it fuel after then. Thats why if you look at the one i sent you even at most of the 2500 range its still 1 and the fuel feeds in at 3.

• Like 1

hey mate thanks heaps for the help.

currently running

FG turbo map sensor.

4 bar regulator

standard 3576 

stock na injectors.

Have also put in boundary oil pump gears and valve springs.

i have changed the spark tables and fuel. Without boost it drives pretty standard as before. the second boost is added it goes rich and does sily things.

im going to log the fuel pressure under boost to see exactly what is going on.

Thanks again, I really appreciate all the help.

HAAT0V6.tec 15-06-2024 12-23-45 PM Log.teclog

15 minutes ago, Anarchy897 said:

hey mate thanks heaps for the help.

currently running

FG turbo map sensor.

4 bar regulator

standard 3576 

stock na injectors.

Have also put in boundary oil pump gears and valve springs.

i have changed the spark tables and fuel. Without boost it drives pretty standard as before. the second boost is added it goes rich and does sily things.

im going to log the fuel pressure under boost to see exactly what is going on.

Thanks again, I really appreciate all the help.

HAAT0V6.tec 883.55 kB · 0 downloads 15-06-2024 12-23-45 PM Log.teclog 110.92 kB · 0 downloads

that looks like a turbo config, i still would recommend using the one from your pcm and keeping everything stock except the minum changes. using this is giving you SD tables for an engine with a 8.5 CR and your running 9:7 NA compression. your have lots of changes you dont need to play with until the car is actually running right. like why the pedal angle stuff is changed? just leave it all.

your cars still in closed loop and adding fuel.

auF0523 change this so 2500 and above is 0 for testing.

lets ur car idle for a while and watch the 02 volts and trims make sure there doing small changes and the volts arent pegging or getting stuck.

do you actually have a wideband connected?

Hi mate,

I thought I would check the injectors are all good and no spraying stupid.

Well idiot of the year award goes to me, 2 of the injcector wires were no connected number 1 and 6.

I dont know how the hell this happened but it has.

No dont have a wideband connected but will look at getting one that is able to log data to the laptop.

Didnt save the log from the laptop, but is behaving like a turbo car now.

Im so pissed it was something so simple, but glad to have it working and now i can actually start what I wanted to a week ago.

I will get to the sd table and work on the timing some more.

What was actually causing the knock sensor to go off? just the missfiring?

Again I really appreciate all of your help, I cant tell you how great it is to have someone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks again

Screenshot 2024-06-15 132515.png

HAAT0V6.tec