Traction Control

Stevew

Thanks for the replies. Roland, yes i set auF0410  to disabled and zeroed the traction control in auF0264/auF0265. 

The strategy is HABNCF4. I am not trying to solve a problem as such, just gain control of the traction control. It would be nice to be able to disable it when i get to the point of going to the drags so i don't need to remember to hit the button to disable it each time you cycle the key.

Daryl thanks for the info i will give that a try, not sure what dually is though.

11 minutes ago, Stevew said:

Thanks for the replies. Roland, yes i set auF0410  to disabled and zeroed the traction control in auF0264/auF0265. 

The strategy is HABNCF4. I am not trying to solve a problem as such, just gain control of the traction control. It would be nice to be able to disable it when i get to the point of going to the drags so i don't need to remember to hit the button to disable it each time you cycle the key.

Daryl thanks for the info i will give that a try, not sure what dually is though.

The traction control involving the brakes is only at very low speeds is it not? At least it appears that way in the BF MK2. I'm not sure if it functions at higher speeds in other vehicles.

Most likely you would need to flash/edit the ABS module itself which I'm not aware of anyone having much control over.

I would try the VID item that Darryl suggested above, that may tell the ABS to ignore the traction control, however I suspect the braking system is independent of this.

"Dually" means 2 wheel drive, otherwise it means 4WD

Yeah the braking only happens at low speed. The output from the traction control button on the dash does that go to the PCM. I was hoping i could force a flag on from the button.

Cheers

Edited by Stevew

12 minutes ago, Stevew said:

Yeah the braking only happens at low speed. The output from the traction control button on the dash does that go to the PCM. I was hoping i could force a flag on from the button.

Cheers

Do you have an auto or manual? If you have a manual you can try setting auF1716 to 0.

image.thumb.png.3793f68f319f2d60ce239810ce2a5442.png

If you have an auto reports are it causes issues with the TCM and it won't shift out of first gear so I would not try it in this case.

We believe it messes with the torque sent via CAN which is how it "disables" it, which means it may have other side effects. We have not tested this so please make sure you are testing it in a safe environment and not on a customers vehicle.

Also I have to mention this is a safety feature, so be aware that it may even disable your ABS entirely so I would not do it on a street driven car.

Personally I'd just hold the TCS button to disable it when you want it disabled.

Obviously i know it is a safety feature, the car is an auto so i am out of luck it seems. Thanks for the info Roland. I might just hook up a one shot relay to the button so it fires the switch output when the ignition is turned on, that will still do what i want.

Cheers

All i want to do is achieve what the traction control button on the dash does but via the tune(stop the throttle cut and stop the brakes applying and still have ABS). I want to fit a LSD center soon and have read that you need to disable traction control and i don't want to have to push the traction control button every time i hit the key.

• 5 months later...