Driveline and tune swap problems

Travis

First time here, thanks for any help I may get. I have run out of ideas but am far from an expert.

Im having trouble with abs/traction/stability control after swapping drivelines and tune between 2 cars.

One car is bf mk1 F6 tuned with hp that i have full access too, other car is bf mk2.5 xr6t that has sct hand controller so i am locked out of even some forscan functions.

Abs stability/traction are not working on both cars. After asking many for help I was continually told to swap parts and see if it works. I have tried all combinations of abs module, ecu, tune etc that has been suggested with no luck.

Cars are currently fitted with their original ecu and mechatronics with tunes transferred between the 2. The tunes seem to have transferred my problems.

Both cars are drivable just lights on dash and icc button does nothing.

My research tells me best way out of this is pcmtec but I have no access and have never used it. I am hesitant to buy another program to MAYBE fix problem.

I believe I need to return both ecu to factory, then use pcmtec to load parts of tune needed. 

I am not a tuner so have no idea on injector setups or stuff like that and wouldn't be able to do this on my own.

Hopefully I can get some help here before I wreck both cars.

Thankyou

Have a read of the above. You are trying to do one of the most complicated tasks when it comes to cars. No one is going to give you a perfect answer, either you buy the software required and spend the time, or take it to someone who does that kind of work everyday. There are a few people listed in that thread who may be able to assist.

On 8/26/2019 at 2:58 PM, Travis said:

First time here, thanks for any help I may get. I have run out of ideas but am far from an expert.

Im having trouble with abs/traction/stability control after swapping drivelines and tune between 2 cars.

One car is bf mk1 F6 tuned with hp that i have full access too, other car is bf mk2.5 xr6t that has sct hand controller so i am locked out of even some forscan functions.

Abs stability/traction are not working on both cars. After asking many for help I was continually told to swap parts and see if it works. I have tried all combinations of abs module, ecu, tune etc that has been suggested with no luck.

Cars are currently fitted with their original ecu and mechatronics with tunes transferred between the 2. The tunes seem to have transferred my problems.

Both cars are drivable just lights on dash and icc button does nothing.

My research tells me best way out of this is pcmtec but I have no access and have never used it. I am hesitant to buy another program to MAYBE fix problem.

I believe I need to return both ecu to factory, then use pcmtec to load parts of tune needed. 

I am not a tuner so have no idea on injector setups or stuff like that and wouldn't be able to do this on my own.

Hopefully I can get some help here before I wreck both cars.

Thankyou

I recently purchased a BFII XR6T manual ute that had a PCM (ASU-224) replaced & had issues that Ford couldn’t fix ie ABS light on & fault code C1991 - Module Calibration Failure. Oil pressure light on & fault codes P0520 - Engine Oil Pressure Sensor or Switch Circuit & P0524 - Engine Oil Pressure Too Low. After reading the PCM to obtain the fault codes I have the VIN to put into FORD Etis & confirmed the replacement PCM was from a BFII F6 manual ute. Same hardware different software/strategy. 

I was able to change the ABS calibration to the F6 ABS calibration & the ABS fault was gone which also confirmed the PCM had the F6 strategy. I compared the XR6T strategy vs F6 strategy after reading another forum post & could see the oil pressure switches were inverted as suggested in that post. I decide to reprogram the correct XR6T ABS calibration & return the PCM to the factory XR6T calibration because the engine has no modifications. If I had the correct F6 intercooler & airbox I would hav just flipped the oil pressure switch settings.

If you are trying to swap tunes between the 2 cars you are likely going to experience similar issues.

Are you getting any fault codes? ie C1991

Transferring the tunes will possibly have each car looking for the ABS calibration of the other ie MKI F6 looking for MKII XR6T ABS calibration & MKII XR6T looking for the MKI F6 calibration.

Have a look at the Tear Tag on both cars & see what the ABS calibration should be. You will have to see if the ABS calibration for the MKI is available in the MKII & visa versa & hope that works. No guarantee. In order to achieve this with the car tuned using SCT, you may need to use the controller to return to stock, change the ABS calibration & then flash the tune back in. Again, no guarantee it’ll work 

Post Tear Tag photos of both cars

This screenshot is using FORScan to reprogram an ABS module on a BFII XR6T ute but shows the variants that can be programmed. The same ABS module can be programmed for several different models & options. The errors don’t affect the final programming & are shown due to incorrect variants being programmed previously as the correct calibration is now selected

A081DE4D-3BEB-4732-9678-9C8AC52DEABE.png