PCMTEC Forums
Roland@pcmtec

HOWTO: 8 Channel Analog Input Datalogging

To log up to 8 analog inputs (or 16 with a different cable) you can use the following analog input cable from DigiKey. It is approximately $45 + delivery. Free delivery if you spend over $60.

https://www.digikey.com.au/product-detail/en/DLP-IO8-G/813-1010-ND/1894342/?itemSeq=286026595

The driver is already included in the PCMTEC Editor installer so no extra software is needed. They do have a package on their website to test the cable separately to our software if you want which can be downloaded here.

https://www.dlpdesign.com/usb/io8.shtml

Next plug the cable in and press the DLP button in the datalogging screen to connect to the cable. You can then select the DLP inputs from here:

Next select which of the 8 analog inputs you would like to log here:

image.png.0a45747b9065cdcf1c5518c3b7327732.png

To

image.png.25c126c15f31d6bf2aae34d71d3b30db.png

To change the description/units type into the Units field.

To modify the voltage lookup table right click and pick "Equation"

image.png.db967385c0a73749921f2919858d3642.pngimage.png.ac59748ced0baf170654ae9fa87a8901.png

You can enter in a new voltage lookup table here to suit your wideband etc.

To wire up your DLP cable you can read the data sheet here or follow our test pictures below.

http://www.dlpdesign.com/usb/dlp-io8-ds-v17.pdf

Wiring

If you have 1 wideband, simply wire the ground to the ground pin, wire the postive input to pin 1, next loop the rest of the input pins (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) to ground to stop the signals floating. You don't have to do this, but the inputs will likely read 5v if you don't.

If you have 2 widebands, simply do the same and wire the second sensor to pin 2 and remove the ground loop from pin 2.

Test Harness Wiring

This is two potentiometers wired up to emulate 0-5v sensors. We are utilising the +5V pin that is available on the DLP header.

image.png.668755c0b492bf42c7c507c293233e47.png

Here we have looped the ground pins on input 5-6-7-8-GND to stop the signals floating.

image.png.350eb2798aba38057499ae48edf980d2.png

image.png.5b6721c19dd07d4b4f584dde9dcc5d75.png

Here we have wired in "sensors" 1 and 2 into pins 1 and 2. We also looped them to pins 3 and 4 to duplicate the signal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DanStraffa said:

Have you done an equation for an AFR gauge? Or all AFR gauges are different?

They are all different and will provide their own voltage lookup.

I just ordered one of these and the total was $87 with shipping. I chucked a set of screwdrivers in the cart to get the total over $60 and the total came down to $67. Winning!

On 5/3/2020 at 9:45 PM, Joshmy said:

Can you use a innovate LC1 serial input to log afr? 

It is on the cards but we have a few other items to do first. Namely get the datalogger out of beta, then add mustang logging support.

• Like 1

Nvm I went outside to take a look and it automatically inserted itself at the top of the channel list. 🙃

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 4:38 PM, DanStraffa said:

Have you done an equation for an AFR gauge? Or all AFR gauges are different?

I just set up my techedge and it was straight forward. 0V = 9 afr and 5V = 19 afr.

With the equation, I literally put a 9 and a 19 in the first and second cells respectively in the right column and it was done. It will interpolate between the first 2 vertical cells so there is no need to use the entire column.

• Thanks 1