HOWTO: Ghost Cam and VCT simplification

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Having trouble getting my ghost cam tune to work. I have a turbo barra 6spd manual au. Using a bf turbo ecu, HACCHJ5 strategy code, ASU-224 ecu. I have followed the how to guide to each step and it still wont do it. Attached are the scalars i have changed.

I also need to lean it out at idle. What tables do i adjust to achieve this?? My wideband is reading 10.8 to 11.5 at idle and low loads off boost, and the back pocket is feeling it a bit.

20190703_142122.jpg

20190703_142201.jpg

20190703_142243.jpg

20190703_142342.jpg

20190703_142412.jpg

20190703_142500.jpg

Update

You can increase the lope quite dramatically by modifying this table. This is the proportional gain of the idle spark feedback algorithm. By increasing it to 5000 it will toggle between min spark (-7) and max spark (MBT ~25 deg) causing even more lope. 

image.png.5887ec43515f201d3d1994882febaa3a.png

You can also set 600 rpm to -30 deg overlap, this will stop the vehicle from stalling and cause even more lope when the rpm dip as the decreased overlap will kick the rpm back up again.

image.png.74d4ec5cb1d22abc5604e6666cff2c0b.png

If you are using the multi tune to do ghost cam you can add the following table to the ghost cam tune to increase your idle rpm, this means the non ghost cam tunes can retain a completely stock idle rpm.

image.png.a69e36d71b636e64799743651dcd1b40.png

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2018 at 2:23 PM, Roland@pcmtec said:

You also need to modify auF16503 and auF0115 to have similar timing values in the low load/low tps cells. In this example I set 600 rpm to -30 deg to stop the vehicle from stalling, this will also increase the lope when the rpm drops low as the decreased overlap will kick the rpm back up again.

Cant find these tables in HAEDLJ5. Are these workshop version only?

• 1 month later...

I don’t know of any way for the ZF to do that, but personally I’ve never worked with those (as I’ve got the TR6060). Roland will have a better idea if anything, or if anyone else in the thread has worked with the FG autos and wishes to share their setup may help you.

My car has a bit of a drivability issue itself in the throttle hanging a lot on decel even though I only touched 3 tables (overlap tables) 😂 Might need to datalog load and commanded overlap etc

Edited by nat

• 4 weeks later...

i know this is highly likely the wrong forum, but im learning to tune and been playing with my car, in fact I've been playing with cars for years, i have a Haltech barra pro plug in and im looking to do a ghost cam idle, can anyone help? would i be able to apply what I've learnt here to the haltech? 

17 minutes ago, MuffinButton said:

i know this is highly likely the wrong forum, but im learning to tune and been playing with my car, in fact I've been playing with cars for years, i have a Haltech barra pro plug in and im looking to do a ghost cam idle, can anyone help? would i be able to apply what I've learnt here to the haltech? 

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=haltech+support+phone+number&s=g

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/8/2019 at 8:18 AM, Roland@pcmtec said:

Update

You can increase the lope quite dramatically by modifying this table. This is the proportional gain of the idle spark feedback algorithm. By increasing it to 5000 it will toggle between min spark (-7) and max spark (MBT ~25 deg) causing even more lope. 

You can also set 600 rpm to -30 deg overlap, this will stop the vehicle from stalling and cause even more lope when the rpm dip as the decreased overlap will kick the rpm back up again.

If you are using the multi tune to do ghost cam you can add the following table to the ghost cam tune to increase your idle rpm, this means the non ghost cam tunes can retain a completely stock idle rpm.

Is there a way to alter proportional gain on stock OS for idle? Tried searching for spark gain etc but couldn’t find anything. It must be right there but I’m blind. 

On 7/31/2018 at 1:53 PM, Roland@pcmtec said:

Now in idle mode the camshaft overlap is capped by the same table that determines the intake camshaft position, so you cannot achieve any overlap, the best you can do is set both the intake and exhaust camshaft to 50 degrees which will give you some lump.

What tables are you referring to in this comment?

11 hours ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

Not sure what your question is but by default you need to set the camshaft closed enable/disable scalars to allow use of the main cam timing maps at idle.

In the very first post, you said you can get some lump without forcing the cam into wot mode, but by setting both inlet and exhaust overlap to 50deg. Are these tables you refered to just the idle inlet and exhaust overlap settings? Just trying something different that's all

12 hours ago, richardpalinkas said:

In the very first post, you said you can get some lump without forcing the cam into wot mode, but by setting both inlet and exhaust overlap to 50deg. Are these tables you refered to just the idle inlet and exhaust overlap settings? Just trying something different that's all

Yes but it was quite a bit of work as there are about 10 other tables you need to access. It is much simpler to just set the closed enabled/disable scalars to -1000 and then set the main cam maps.

Then you can just modify the intake camshaft only. This is the same way you can get a mild ghost cam on a 5.0 which doesn't have overlap control.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2019 at 5:21 PM, Roland@pcmtec said:

Updated the main post to add these numbers which work quite well for a coyote 5.0 to give it a "ghost" cam without actually changing the cam timing. Cam timing can be modified for more affect but this gives it a mild lope. auF11706

image.png.a884cc7c3d9a5b380aab1465a57e3c0b.png

Hi Roland. I’m having trouble finding the auF11706 table on my FPV GS FG MK1 with HAFFAE3.hex PCM strategy. The file template level is professional.

On 12/14/2019 at 3:47 PM, Roland@pcmtec said:

It is only in Workshop level at this stage as we spent a fair bit of time researching to find and test it.

Hey Roland. Thanks for the speedy response. I’ve had a bit of a crack myself-I’m OK with altering my GS tune to the equivalent of a GT335 and I’ve got a waaaaay better traction control than the factory ever gave me. However, I’m certain there’s a lot more power/torque on offer with E85 and a set of tunes from an experienced workshop than I’m willing to push with my limited resources.

I think I’m best to have a chat to one of the workshops who have runs on the board with your software.

Cheers,

Ben

• Like 1