PCMTEC Forums
Roland@pcmtec

HOWTO: Ghost Cam and VCT simplification

Having trouble getting my ghost cam tune to work. I have a turbo barra 6spd manual au. Using a bf turbo ecu, HACCHJ5 strategy code, ASU-224 ecu. I have followed the how to guide to each step and it still wont do it. Attached are the scalars i have changed.

I also need to lean it out at idle. What tables do i adjust to achieve this?? My wideband is reading 10.8 to 11.5 at idle and low loads off boost, and the back pocket is feeling it a bit.

20190703_142122.jpg

20190703_142201.jpg

20190703_142243.jpg

20190703_142342.jpg

20190703_142412.jpg

20190703_142500.jpg

You also need to modify these tables as they limit overlap as well.

auF16503 Angle to Overlap exhaust cam

auF16492 Maximum overlap allowed

auF0115 Maximum allowed Overlap Angle based on  RPM and Oil Temp

Use some intuition. If you are just guessing and blindly plugging numbers in you won't ever get results. If it isn't working datalog why it isn't working.

Update

You can increase the lope quite dramatically by modifying this table. This is the proportional gain of the idle spark feedback algorithm. By increasing it to 5000 it will toggle between min spark (-7) and max spark (MBT ~25 deg) causing even more lope. 

image.png.5887ec43515f201d3d1994882febaa3a.png

You can also set 600 rpm to -30 deg overlap, this will stop the vehicle from stalling and cause even more lope when the rpm dip as the decreased overlap will kick the rpm back up again.

image.png.74d4ec5cb1d22abc5604e6666cff2c0b.png

If you are using the multi tune to do ghost cam you can add the following table to the ghost cam tune to increase your idle rpm, this means the non ghost cam tunes can retain a completely stock idle rpm.

image.png.a69e36d71b636e64799743651dcd1b40.png

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2018 at 2:23 PM, Roland@pcmtec said:

You also need to modify auF16503 and auF0115 to have similar timing values in the low load/low tps cells. In this example I set 600 rpm to -30 deg to stop the vehicle from stalling, this will also increase the lope when the rpm drops low as the decreased overlap will kick the rpm back up again.

Cant find these tables in HAEDLJ5. Are these workshop version only?

11 hours ago, Turboidiot said:

Cant find these tables in HAEDLJ5. Are these workshop version only?

They have different resolution tables in the FG so they have different IDs. It is described above.

7 hours ago, ECPT said:

i can not find auF0115 for my FG MK1 ? using pro, please help 😂

I've got a MK1 and using Pro too and can see it; if you click View up the top and under PCM see if Professional is ticked there?

image.thumb.png.4882685bfdc783d79becaaf468502759.png

10 minutes ago, ECPT said:

i put the wrong one down 😅😅 i cant fine auF16503

Oh okay - for that one the FG has changed the ID of it: you're looking for auF0097 (VCT Exhaust Cam Overlap Angle)

ok i got mine set up nice, but is there a was to have the zf6 auto not do anything in gear until after 1000 rpm? as the driveability is pretty crap now lol 

I don’t know of any way for the ZF to do that, but personally I’ve never worked with those (as I’ve got the TR6060). Roland will have a better idea if anything, or if anyone else in the thread has worked with the FG autos and wishes to share their setup may help you.

My car has a bit of a drivability issue itself in the throttle hanging a lot on decel even though I only touched 3 tables (overlap tables) 😂 Might need to datalog load and commanded overlap etc

Edited by nat

what file did you use for the ba btr? i was looking at ghost cams but i havent found a bf xr6t btr file to use.

I'll have a look when I get back from work what file I used off memory it was the bf file and mine is a 03 xr6t so won't see why it won't work on newer mate :)

2 hours ago, ECPT said:

is this possible to do on an 04 BA xr6t ? 

They are all the same so no problem if you use the late model strategy.

ok im new to this haha im gonna be asking so stupid questions, but how do i use the late model strategy ? 😂