DATA LOGGER

DanStraffa

17 hours ago, BarraDrifter said:

Will 1.21 have data logging for BA?

The beta does not, but the full release may. The staff member working on it was in hospital for a week so there will be some delays there however he will be back into it soon.

BA/Single rate logging (eg > 15 parameters are once) and ZF logging all require very similar code to be written so they should all come in short succession of each other.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just thought i'd list what i'm using in the data logger and what i think they do for anyone looking for a little pointer when just starting out.  Very Basics here. 

I've been struggling to get wastegate DC to log  both these dont seem to record anything.  Anybody else have any luck or using different PIDs/DMRs

Otherwise datalogging has been going well with the 1.21 version. Doesnt take very long to work everything out as is very intuitive.   If anything above looks incorrect or others have found additional useful DMRs, please share. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @finnigan001  just playing with the data logging now it is slightly overwhelming when you first open it up as there is so many options, I also tried the waste gate ones and didn't seem to record anything, do you know which one is for manifold pressure in PSI ? I think your above list is spot on with a few extras like car speed and boost pressure

The 16 limit is because the pcm only supports 16 high speed dmrs. We are almost finished adding single rate logging which will let you do 16 high speed and 50+ low speed dmrs (the more you add the slower the rate). 

BAA doesn't have high speed logging so you should already be able to log as many as you want. 

10 hours ago, finnigan001 said:

Is there away to set the decimal places of the values that i'm missing?  Would be super useful but i also understand if not available yet :)

Not yet but you can see the numbers in the chart itself. Just save and open the log and use the cursor and it will tell you. Otherwise save as csv and use in megalogviewer or which ever package you prefer.

I started putting my notes at the end of this thread. I got it to 1.01/0.99 trims everywhere in a few goes. It's not hard, using the xlsx spreadsheet I put up!

• Like 2

hmmmm... seems like when i save as a csv it only samples the teclog file every 50secs.  So if it is a 123sec log i'll get 3 entries. ( 0,50,100)

I'm yet to test saving as a csv first after logging so this might just be a bug when opening an existing teclog file and then saving as csv.

Cheers,

21 hours ago, finnigan001 said:

hmmmm... seems like when i save as a csv it only samples the teclog file every 50secs.  So if it is a 123sec log i'll get 3 entries. ( 0,50,100)

I'm yet to test saving as a csv first after logging so this might just be a bug when opening an existing teclog file and then saving as csv.

Cheers,

Can you upload the teclog and csv file it produced? I have not seen this before.

9 hours ago, Mathew said:

Hey Roland, can you send me a copy of the logger. thanks

Will PM

Only happens when i open a previously saved teclog and the save as a csv.

Sampling rate saving after stopping logging and immediately saving: 20 times a sec.

Sampling rate saving after reopening a previous file and then saving it as a csv: once every 50 secs or 20 times a 1000secs.

Seems to be a factor of a 1000 out so if these are perform by different functions maybe be just a ms and sec unit conversion etc.

Files below

24-08-2019 11-10-15 AM Log(2).csv 23-08-2019 05-27-27 PM Log.teclog 23-08-2019 05-31-12 PM Log.csv

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On the questions regarding data logging, is there any tips/ tricks with the logging. As in is there a way to lock the scaling in so that everything you log, you do not have to move/ scale each PID. Also can you change the order listing of the pids, can you have all the logging expand to full size height based on min/ max values etc. I guess I'm used to looking at logs on live link, where if you select a PID, it's automatically rescaled to max height and overlapped selected pids.

Will there be histograms that will be available also?

We have had someone spending 20 hours a week all year developing what you see and they will continue to do so well into next year. Software is hard, really hard. Just for reference if we outsourced the datalogger it would be at least 200k in development costs to do. This is why pretty much all software is buggy and sucks, due to the huge investment it takes to do it well. So you need to see a good return on your investment to make it amazing. 

Ah cool, thanks.  I'm pretty happy with the fuel control based on eyeing the gauge, so no huge issue.

Logging the knock sensor is great - if you see it pull a  little bit of timing at a particular load/RPM, can just massage the fuel and timing a bit to resolve it then log i again.

12 hours ago, will15 said:

Stupid question what stands for DLP?

I actually don't know, it is the name of the company who makes the analog input cable we use. I'm guessing some arbitrary initials of the owners.

https://www.digikey.com.au/product-detail/en/DLP-IO8-G/813-1010-ND/1894342/?itemSeq=286026595

https://www.dlpdesign.com/usb/io8.shtml

On 8/24/2019 at 12:47 PM, finnigan001 said:

Only happens when i open a previously saved teclog and the save as a csv.

This functionality is not supported, so you cannot save after loading a TECLOG file. The save button has been now disabled in playback mode

edit: This is now fixed and will be in the next beta.

As in is there a way to lock the scaling in so that everything you log, you do not have to move/ scale each PID

This has now been added in today for the next release

Also can you change the order listing of the pids

The PIDs will now all be listed in groups on the left hand panel. The charts on the right hand side can be now be manually grouped

Can you have all the logging expand to full size height based on min/ max values etc.

Next release you will be able to adjust the min/max height for each graph using the scroll on the Y Axis

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...