FG dash CAN messages

ChristianL

Apologise if this has been asked before.

Is there a list of the CAN messages an FG dash cluster expects to see so it doesn't give errors?

I know there are a few modules it expects to hear from, BEM, ICC.

Are there any details on the message that turns on the hazard light?  Looks like it comes from the BEM 0x403?

I'm going to implement it in a Teensy 4.1 with two CAN buses so can send messages on the HS and MS buses if needed.  I'll happy to share the source if I get it to behave .

TIA

Christian

Yep. 

CAN ID 307 byte 3 will turn the Hazard Lights on - MSCAN transmitted by the FDIM upon pushing the hazard light button. It is retransmitted by the IPC on the same ID onto the HSCAN.

Every actuator within the cluster is independently controllable via diagnostic commands, so needles, LED's, LCD and you can even send a can message that will have the same effect as physically pushing the buttons.

• 4 weeks later...

I made some progress here, managed to get rid of a few errors but the dash still show a comms error.

Does anyone know which of these will be causing the error?  If it is one of the two PCM errors I may be out of luck, one is comms with the cruise control module which as far as I can see does not exist.

I managed to get rid of the BCM comms fault but can't seem the get rid of the others which are ECM/PCM, restraints, ABS, HVAC, Radio and front display.

My module faker is sending can messages 307, 4B0, 50C, 555, 2E2, 2E1, 403 406, 311, 353, 2F9, 2FC, 309, 30D, 317

image.png.8aeb75a768a21f8d97c3037e517b38fa.png

9 hours ago, ChristianL said:

I made some progress here, managed to get rid of a few errors but the dash still show a comms error.

Does anyone know which of these will be causing the error?  If it is one of the two PCM errors I may be out of luck, one is comms with the cruise control module which as far as I can see does not exist.

I managed to get rid of the BCM comms fault but can't seem the get rid of the others which are ECM/PCM, restraints, ABS, HVAC, Radio and front display.

My module faker is sending can messages 307, 4B0, 50C, 555, 2E2, 2E1, 403 406, 311, 353, 2F9, 2FC, 309, 30D, 317

image.png.8aeb75a768a21f8d97c3037e517b38fa.png

This is Fg1 right? Are you sending messages on both buses? You are missing most of the module keep alives for the ms-can(FNOS Identifiers). These are the 0x5XY IDs on the Ms-can. On the high speed you'll need 0xFC and 0x210 (ABS) and 0x623, 640, 650(PCM). 0x353 should be broadcast only from the hscan as it is transmitted by the HIM and then re-sent into the midspeed by the cluster for the FDIM display.