Does PCMTEC Run on a Parallels Windows 10 Virtual Machine On Apple Macbook

Lesbo

Sorry about the specific question, I don't actually own a personal Windows 10 Laptop, I have an Apple MacBook Pro that I run Parallels Virtualisation software on which I have my Windows 10 Virtual machine.

The Virtual Machine has USB passthrough capability so that Windows 10 will see any USB device plugged into the hardware (Macbook Pro) but there may be instances where certain 'things' may not work.

So I am wondering if anyone has actually tried the software with the 2 X J2534 cable options Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 or Mongoose Pro?

Otherwise I will most likely need to get a Native Windows 10 Laptop

Thanks in Advance

14 hours ago, Lesbo said:

Sorry about the specific question, I don't actually own a personal Windows 10 Laptop, I have an Apple MacBook Pro that I run Parallels Virtualisation software on which I have my Windows 10 Virtual machine.

The Virtual Machine has USB passthrough capability so that Windows 10 will see any USB device plugged into the hardware (Macbook Pro) but there may be instances where certain 'things' may not work.

I've found that PCMtec is setup to detect the VM in Parallels on Mac & stops itself from loading up in Windows 10 VM. I remember another post where someone had it running but there were some issues. This would require setting the VM up in a way that PCMtec couldn't detect the VM.

I have installed another instance of Windows 10 on the MacBook Pro via BootCamp & have no issues running PCMtec using a Tatrix OpenPort 2.0.

So I am wondering if anyone has actually tried the software with the 2 X J2534 cable options Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 or Mongoose Pro?

The Tatrix OpenPort 2.0 works on Windows 10 in Parallels on Mac. I've used it with FORScan but only for testing.....the OBDLink EX is better for this.

HPTuners works on Windows 10 in Parallels so J2534 doesn't seem to be an issue. I use my Mac most of the time so having PCMtec run in Parallels would be nice rather than booting up BootCamp, shutting down & going back to Mac Big Sur to do the rest of my work.

Otherwise I will most likely need to get a Native Windows 10 Laptop

Don't buy a Native Windows 10 laptop. Install Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit via BootCamp. Licences are cheap......do a google search I think I paid about $20 each for my licences.