2003 Manual Turbo engine into 2006 BF ZF car

Brian

I am putting together a Turbo Barra ZF combo to be fitted to an XC sedan at a later date. I have a running 2006 BF donor car with ZF 6 speed. I also have a 2003 Factory turbo motor with harness and manual ecu. I want to put the turbo motor into the BF and get it all working with the ZF before removing the engine/gearbox as a whole to put in the XC. Would I be better leaving the NA ecu in the car and tuning to run the turbo engine or use the Turbo ecu. ? any info would be appreciated. I will have a professional licence for pcmtec today once I pick the tactix for tuning my other turbo car.

Edited by Brian

8 minutes ago, Brian said:

I am putting together a Turbo Barra ZF combo to be fitted to an XC sedan at a later date. I have a running 2006 BF donor car with ZF 6 speed. I also have a 2003 Factory turbo motor with harness and manual ecu. I want to put the turbo motor into the BF and get it all working with the ZF before removing the engine/gearbox as a whole to put in the XC. Would I be better leaving the NA ecu in the car and tuning to run the turbo engine or use the Turbo ecu. ? any info would be appreciated. I will have a professional licence for pcmtec today once I pick the tactix for tuning my other turbo car.

The BA turbo PCM won't work with the ZF6.

If you want factory boost control, get yourself a BF turbo PCM & wiring. This is my preferred option. If you're happy to run aftermarket boost control, you could use the BF na PCM.

• Like 1