Editing Boost by Gear

Faraz

Hi all,
The previous owner has edit the boost by gear ability on my car (FGX G6et). I have done a read and I'm struggling to figure out how to revert this, I have upgraded the differential and have put some better tyres on so I believe I should be able to run more boost in the lower gears. Can anybody help me with this? Maybe I need to upgrade to the custom OS?

Hi Faraz,

Create a stock file within the application, you will need a professional version or workshop version. You can also use the compare option which will provide stock values for referencing. You may also need to adjust diff ratio within the editor too, if diff ratio has been modified.

I'm not in front of PC but this will point you to correct information.

Edited by abs351
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 10:19 PM, Faraz said:

Hi all,
The previous owner has edit the boost by gear ability on my car (FGX G6et). I have done a read and I'm struggling to figure out how to revert this, I have upgraded the differential and have put some better tyres on so I believe I should be able to run more boost in the lower gears. Can anybody help me with this? Maybe I need to upgrade to the custom OS?

Here's a link to the Return To Stock feature that @abs351 mentioned that's available in the professional & workshop versions

Another useful link.....HOW TO: Comparing files & using parameter files This may help you to compare, understand & revert some or all values if you don't want to go back to stock with everything.

Just make sure you have a save of your original file to revert back to & save a copy of it with a different name eg FGX Original & FGX edit 1, FGX edit 2 so you can revert back to what's working if needed.

If you're unsure of what you're doing, take your time & only make minimal changes & test. Save the file at each edit/flash so you can revert back to the last save that was working & resume from there

If you use the search function & put in key words eg boost by gear, you'll get filtered results where you might find more answers