2008 FG XR6 Not Starting

Hey, Recently purchased an FG that was used as a donor car for a roo hit and was missing rad support, pcm, front seats, tail lights.

So first things first I purchased was a pcm, same month and year however catch codes are different, so proceeded to pair the pcm but no good,

forscan isn't fully reading the pcm and so there's no programmable functions available to pair, I then disabled pats to at the very least make the car movable

and troubleshoot further later which also didn't work. After many hours of cursing I've discovered the ECC relay isn't switching, I can "jump" the relay

and get the car to start however. It has also come to my attention that the fg pats disable is done differently on fg's and could be an issue however getting that information has me at a brick wall! any info on this would be greatly appreciated. As for forscan not fully reading is beyond my knowledge base and any info on

this also greatly appreciated.

Cheers

35 minutes ago, cars.shyne@gmail.com said:

Hey, Recently purchased an FG

FG1 or FG2? Have you reprogrammed the PCM with the correct strategy?

36 minutes ago, cars.shyne@gmail.com said:

forscan isn't fully reading the pcm and so there's no programmable functions available to pair, I then disabled pats to at the very least make the car movable

What cable are you using with FORScan? Some cables eg Tatrix will only connect to modules on HS CAN. They won't connect to modules on MS CAN.
Other cheap cables, clones or cables with manual switches can be problematic.

11 minutes ago, cars.shyne@gmail.com said:

I assume its mk1. no touch screen? new to fg's. I've not flashed any strategy to it but will try that today. Had not thought of that!

Same month & year should be the same. Make sure the PCM number is the same & you should ideally have the same strategy.

14 minutes ago, cars.shyne@gmail.com said:

Have tactrix but also switchable elm327.

The switchable elm327 might work to see the other modules & do programming but I've seen a few people brick modules with them not getting the switching right. I usually advise to throw the manual switch elm327 in the bin & get an auto switching OBDLink EX cable. Delivery from Amazon AU is usually only a couple of days.

Thanks Bill I've ordered the OBDLink EX. hopefully I'll have some luck with that, As I know the car runs and drives with this pcm fingers crossed

its purely a communication thing as flashing the strategy on the tear tag will end up making it over $500 pcm which would be cheaper to track another

down than push on with this one!

• 2 weeks later...