Help identifying a PCM

Hipcrostino

I have a bit of a mystery PCM. It's supposed to be a Falcon BF Turbo PCM with a ZF 6 speed. This PCM has had some kind of tune put on it apparently, but I just want the hardware with the intention of reverting to a stock image prior to any tuning.

All the stickers on the pcm are missing. There is a hand written note saying its a ABU-214, which has been crossed out. It is a Spanish Oak PCM. It has a HACH4A5 stratagy on it, and reports as a Terrritory PCM in Forscan. Forscan says its a "Hardware type: ASU-114 / ASU-134 / ASU-154 / ASU-174", but the serial number starts with AASV-112.

Is there anyway of knowing what it really is?

Searching the stratagy lists show that ASV-112 pcm's do not have turbo logic, so perhaps its an NA PCM originally?

Terrirory's have a slightly differnent pinout so I don't think it will run a falcon properly. Would a falcon tune change the I/O on the pcm, or is that a hardware only thing?

The obvious solution here is to ditch this PCM and get one with some known history, but money on this project is tight atm so if I can use what I have I would prefer it. 

Paul.

5 hours ago, Hipcrostino said:

I have a bit of a mystery PCM. It's supposed to be a Falcon BF Turbo PCM with a ZF 6 speed. This PCM has had some kind of tune put on it apparently, but I just want the hardware with the intention of reverting to a stock image prior to any tuning.

All the stickers on the pcm are missing. There is a hand written note saying its a ABU-214, which has been crossed out. It is a Spanish Oak PCM. It has a HACH4A5 stratagy on it, and reports as a Terrritory PCM in Forscan. Forscan says its a "Hardware type: ASU-114 / ASU-134 / ASU-154 / ASU-174", but the serial number starts with AASV-112.

Is there anyway of knowing what it really is?

Searching the stratagy lists show that ASV-112 pcm's do not have turbo logic, so perhaps its an NA PCM originally?

Terrirory's have a slightly differnent pinout so I don't think it will run a falcon properly. Would a falcon tune change the I/O on the pcm, or is that a hardware only thing?

The obvious solution here is to ditch this PCM and get one with some known history, but money on this project is tight atm so if I can use what I have I would prefer it. 

Paul.

Hi Paul, HACH4A5 is a territory turbo strategy & usually uses the same ASU-224 hardware as the later BF turbo. The problem you're going to have & are currently facing is when a different strategy is flashed onto incorrect hardware, it can show up as the hardware type that matches the current strategy.

FORScan will often show PCM hardware as variants which appear to be earlier numbers than we are used to on Falcons eg the ASV-114 & ASV-134. Maybe there's a link they've found when reverse engineering to create FORScan. 

I haven't seen any ASV-112 pcms or any other Ford PCM's with a serial # starting with AASV-112 so this may be a coincidence. The serial numbers are usually very random in appearance. Have a look at the serial numbers on a few PCM's.

Powering up the PCM & testing the IO's may be the only way to confirm if it's really Turbo or na PCM.

As far as wiring goes, I thought I'd seen a post in one of the Ford forums saying that BF & the SY territory wiring was the same but, I haven't compared them.