Saving and reflashing a tune

cat007

Hi,

Just wondering what is the best way to save a copy of my tune file/files and re-flash them if required (let's say Ford flash the system during a service even after telling them not to). With larger injectors of course a stock re-flash will render the car immobile.

NGauge or SCT products do not work PCMTec tunes I'm told. Is there a simple way to download/upload my tune files? I don't want to edit them or even do data logging etc, just want the be sure I don't lose the tune.

Cheers

Hunt

Use a windows laptop or tablet and a cheap cable. You can then read the tune off and save it. Otherwise you could just ask your tuner to send you the original file (assuming they are ok with this).

Generally if your car is SCT tuned or PCMTEC Tuner locked the dealer will be locked out anyway, as in their tools won't connect to allow a reflash.