Exhaust sensor question

Basicxr

Hi team, i have a bf xr8 just trying to clarify what would be the safest way to get rid of the engine light caused by the rear o2 sensors?

I was going to just try this and disable them i have no cats and I don't plan on cutting wires or replacing/removing the rear o2 sensors. 

"

image.thumb.png.0a2e0763836050347e19354a7a6ada24.png

Do not change auF0010 to 1 on a V8. Not sure why Ford does this but it uses the number of O2 sensors on a V8 to run certain V8 code"

1 minute ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

Go to the rear O2 sensor tree entry and look at the scalars there. When I'm in the office I can look up the ids but it should be easy. 

Right cheers. One other thing I'm having problems cycling ignition to connect. Is it 1 misses zippy 2 misses zippy then 3 misses zippy? Using genuine tactrix 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 10:12 AM, Basicxr said:

Right cheers. One other thing I'm having problems cycling ignition to connect. Is it 1 misses zippy 2 misses zippy then 3 misses zippy? Using genuine tactrix 

It should not even require an ignition cycle on the BF/FG. If it does you can usually do it in 1-2 seconds, but 3 is what is meant to be required by the PCM. I would lean towards shorter rather than longer.

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2021 at 7:42 AM, Basicxr said:

How did you go with turning off the rear o2 sensors? I have to do this on mine