Strategy for BF XR6 Manual

XR75

Hi.

First time user, I have converted a 75 series to run a BF XR6 barra, I am chasing a file from anyone out there that may have a strategy for a manual BF XR6 falcon, I am currently working through the many changes in the strategy to have the cruiser drive well.

2 hours ago, XR75 said:

Hi.

First time user, I have converted a 75 series to run a BF XR6 barra, I am chasing a file from anyone out there that may have a strategy for a manual BF XR6 falcon, I am currently working through the many changes in the strategy to have the cruiser drive well.

Are you working with a manual strategy now or are you converting an auto strategy to manual? If you've started with a manual strategy, you already have the stock values to compare as it will show current & stock values. You can verify it's stock, what's been changed or setup by Ford in the VID block before you start

7 hours ago, XR75 said:

Hi Bill

I am converting from a auto strategy to a manual one.

Depending on what pcm you're starting off with, you might be better off flashing a manual strategy onto your pcm. If you use the "Create Stock File/Calibration Merge" function, you'll be able to download a stock file HACCKBC (manual BF na) that doesn't have the VID details programmed & use it as a comparison file or to create a stock file to flash to your ecu.

I have got a file from a vehicle if needed but it hasn't been licenced so it won't load as a compare file.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Bill

I downloaded and registered the manual file and worked a treat. now just got to get the cruiser producing more torque as the big ute is lethargic under load and wont perform like expected. 

• Like 2

Could anyone point me in the right direction to get a BF barra in a 75 series landcruiser to produce more torque in lower rev ranges, The ute runs around 2,300rpm at 100km but any rev range below 3,000rpm seems to be less than expected. I have attempted to modify the load/rpm tables with little to no change, Looking for a starting point.

They already max out the torque in the low RPM via the VCT timing. Ford did an excellent job and there is no real gains to be had beyond adding a small amount of timing if you are running on 98 octane.

If you think it is down on torque I would put it on the dyno to check it is making the normal amount of power, they aren't really know for being low on torque so maybe something is wrong?

Also I would do a DTC scan with Forscan to check for any faults.

Do a datalog as well to check throttle is at 80% (full throttle), your spark timing matches your borderline table + modifiers, check your VCT timing is as expected and the torque source is "driver demand" to ensure there are no limp modes causing you dramas.

Check the knock adder as well, ensure that you aren't getting false knock. If you are getting knock, put 98 in it to see if it goes away.

If all of the above checks out and you are still finding its low on torque at low/part throttle (not WOT) then there are some gains to be had however they can make your fuel usage go up 10-20%. To do this look at the VCT intake timing and set it up as per the full throttle timing at part throttle, this will remove the pseudo EGR (exhaust gas re circulation) that Ford use to dilute the intake charge. You'll make sightly more torque but you'll find that it definitely uses more fuel at cruise.