Ba na+t

EthanMi

In the process of doing a budget build on a ba at the moment. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of what I should change in the tune so the engine doesn't hand grenade before I have a chance to get it to the tuners. I have a bit of a deadline and plan on drifting it but won't have time to get a proper tune done in the meantime. It's setup to only make 7 psi at this stage. 

Does anyone have some examples of their na+t tunes before they could get it to a dyno that I could use as a bit of a safety net.  

If you wanted to be safe, pull 4 degrees of timing from the whole borderline knock map.

Make the entire base fuel table 0.82 up to 3000rpm and 0.75 from 3000rpm onward.

Put 5 litres of E85 into a full tank of 98 for extra protection.

The knock sensors should do their thing anyway, if they are functional.

This is a very basic way of approaching it and I don't recommend anyone tune like this. That being said if you're gonna go drifting in an untuned car this is better than nothing by a long shot.

I assume you already changed the tmap and correlating tune variables.

On 5/26/2022 at 3:23 PM, Puffwagon said:

If you wanted to be safe, pull 4 degrees of timing from the whole borderline knock map.

Make the entire base fuel table 0.82 up to 3000rpm and 0.75 from 3000rpm onward.

Put 5 litres of E85 into a full tank of 98 for extra protection.

The knock sensors should do their thing anyway, if they are functional.

This is a very basic way of approaching it and I don't recommend anyone tune like this. That being said if you're gonna go drifting in an untuned car this is better than nothing by a long shot.

I assume you already changed the tmap and correlating tune variables.

I have changed the tmap sensor over but what variables would need to be changed? 

I have seen a few posts on this but haven’t seen any that explain what needs to altered to run a tmap sensor.