Reflashed Ba Na computer in Ba turbo

84RR3D

Hey there

I have a 05 mk2 Ba Xr6 turbo btr.

The turbo ecu has died I currently have a Na ba mk2 ecu which I'm able to re-flash  the current saved turbo tune on to the Ba Na ecu. Is there any conflicts with any other systems I have to worry about apart from pats. The abs isn't on the canbus system. I will be using aftermarket boost control methods.

I currently have professional version of pcmtec 

Cheers 

Dion

Edited by 84RR3D
Spelling error

1 hour ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

Should work except for the lack of boost control. 

Thanks Roland I appreciate your reply.

By chance if the spare ecu I have is catcus, because it has been sitting for a fair while. Can any ba auto ecu be ok, or does it have to be from a mk2 ba as well. 

Edited by 84RR3D

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2022 at 5:53 PM, 84RR3D said:

Thanks Roland I appreciate your reply.

By chance if the spare ecu I have is catcus, because it has been sitting for a fair while. Can any ba auto ecu be ok, or does it have to be from a mk2 ba as well. 

BA NA BTR used the ABU-242 from sometime in 2003 onwards. It replaced the ABU-212 which was only used for about 12 months.
In turbo, ABU-244 replaced the ABU-214 from about the same time.
Using any ABU-242 in place of another ABU-242 or ABU-212, shouldn't be an issue as long as you have the strategy with correct speed source. I've done it a several times.

• Like 1