Idle Learn Data Logging

mejohn50

My car has had some return to idle issues since completely rebuilding the Whipple mapped points structure. I recently went through the whole thing and found some spots where I made some questionable choices with MBT spark and speed density numbers. 

I re-did all that and pretty well solved the return to idle issues, but now the idle will surge about 75-100rpm starting about 10-15 seconds after returning to idle. 

I know there are a couple other things I likely need to work on, like idle reserve torque, seeing as I made some relatively large errors before, but I wanted to know if it was possible to have a peak at the idle learning status like you mentioned here on M6G

I’m using ZRBA18B. 

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

Can you give me some MIDs or auF IDs related to items that you have modified? I can then trace what they are linked to in the assembler and hopefully give you some hints

Not even sure where to start. The whole thing is completely redone. Mapped point 1 is my idle MP and it’s all been redone: MBT, borderline, torque model, speed density, etc. 

I have left most of the “stock” Whipple idle parameters alone. I’ve got the surging cleaned up but it’s still not perfect. I’ve smoke tested the intake and didn’t find any vacuum leaks (I found an issue but not a leak). Going to do it again this weekend to make sure I haven’t missed anything.