Adding tables

K44

Is it possible to add tables auf73806 and 73838 from a gen 3 to a gen 2 strategy? These are spark adders for flex fuel

KTFK5CG is a gen 3 F150 with the tables populated. All gen 3's have these Mustang's are zeroed out.

FSGS05A is a gen 2 Mustang.

If these are in the gen 2 ECU can we get them added? If not can I create them using the custom OS feature?

I do have an open ticket to get the below tables defined in the gen 2 mustang strategy. These are defined in the gen 2 F150's

Tables 79238 to 79268 inclusive. So 79238, 79239, 79240, 79241 ect.

Here is a gen 2 F150 cal to look at. KTDP6E6

Thank you

Its not that straightfoward, they probably are in the template them because technically they "exist" in the calibration, and our tools detect and map them.

But just because they exist - doesn't mean they are actually used in the code.

If its fuel or spark in Gen2 > Gen3 there is alot of "leftover" code that exists but is never used - its why they are probably zeroed out.

There seems to be significant differences in the flex implementations between the f150 and mustang.

Honestly, the best option is to disable the ford flex logic and use ours from CustomOS - its about 100x easier.

5 hours ago, Kirby@PCMTec said:

Honestly, the best option is to disable the ford flex logic and use ours from CustomOS - its about 100x easier.

That would be the way to go but you don't offer it for single use in the US so we need the Ford logic to work.

18 hours ago, K44 said:

That would be the way to go but you don't offer it for single use in the US so we need the Ford logic to work.

We are rolling it out to single users on a case by case basis. 

18 hours ago, K44 said:

These tables are all spark modifiers.

I have analysed the assembler code for a gen2 mustang and these tables have been calibrated out by Ford and are never accessed by the code. If any other software has mapped them you can try putting silly number like 10000000 in there to prove it. As we generate our templates by analysing the code and what tables/scalars are accessed we can accurately determine if a table is accessed or not and as such not display it. Other packages do not do this as they often map templates by hand.

Eg auF79238 BLD ACT MUL flex fuel is not used. Instead auF31016 is used SPARK MOD ACT MULTI

For convenience here are the tables that are used in a gen 2 Mustang vs an F150 with flex fuel enabled. These IDs will get better more consistent names shortly.

auf79238 BLD ACT MUL flex fuel -> auF31016 PARK MOD ACT MULTI

auF79239 Engine coolant temp spark modifier -> auF31020 Spark multiplier for borderline ECT modifier

auF79240 BDL Flex Fuel -> This is hard coded as 0 at all times in the code

auF79241 BDL Flex Fuel Multiplier -> This is hard coded as 1.0 at all times in the code

Interestingly the equivalent to these tables in the 18+ Mustangs appears to be calibrated in.

edit: I saw you mentioned quite a few other IDs in your ticket. I've only checked  auf79238 -> auf79241 however I suspect the rest are all covered under the same FFV logic which is calibrated out. If you want to be 100% sure if these tables should exist or not load up any FSGP1 calibration (a Gen2 Mustang), this is our master base calibration we have mapped by hand and has 100% of tables and scalars mapped.

So Ford crippled the mustang for gen 2 and we cannot use the F150 cal without repinning the injectors and ign coils.

On to my next question, can I create a spark adder that uses ethanol content, using the custom OS feature. IE 50% adds 10 degrees 85% adds 20 degrees?

8 hours ago, K44 said:

to my next question, can I create a spark adder that uses ethanol content, using the custom OS feature. IE 50% adds 10 degrees 85% adds 20 degrees?

Absolutely. It has a fully adjustable interpolation curve, not just for spark but literally any table your want, your could raise your idle rpm, desensitise knock, remove fuel, etc etc. Have a look at our falcon flex fuel guide. The mustang version works very similarly. @Kirby@PCMTecis in the process of writing up documentation for the public release.