Dlp8 failure

Puffwagon

I installed a fuel pressure sensor today, sent the ground wire into the ground on the DLP, sent the signal wire into a spare input on the DLP and put the 5 volt wire into the 5 volt in the DLP.

Smoke came out and the DLP stopped working. I got a message saying the DLP can't communicate. Upon inspection the wires connecting the USB plug to the DLP had frayed, most likely shorted out and this was the cause of the failure.

I thought I'd post about it anyway in case I wired the sensor into the DLP incorrectly. I've ordered 2 more DLP8s and I'd rather not blow another one up.

Kind of related, my new units arrived today and I got one wired up. You can't use the 5V supply on the DLP for a sensor because as soon as the wire is connected, the Tactrix gets disconnected. Disappointing, but I have a voltage regulator on the way so I can switch 12V to 5V, so hopefully that will have this sorted once and for all.

@Puffwagon

I'm using the 5V off the DLP for my 2 pressure sensors. Tatrix stays connected without issue. I've got the DLP, Tatrix and my knock box plugged into a cheap USB hub from Kmart. Thinking your 5V might be getting dragged down. What sensors you buy? I'll take a look at the data sheet.

@hjtrbo I was gonna message you man but haven't got to it yet. I got the 150psi sensor from EFIthingo.com.

I'll message you tomorrow evening with more details. Pretty sure it isn't hard to wire 3 cables into the right holes. Cheers brother 🍻