Tuning na+t

dat111

Hey guys. Currently putting togeather a tune for it

Bf falcon na running 7 psi

Using all stock turbo parts an most of stock tune Im trying to figure out what part of the timing Map I need to change.

I've changed the fuel mapping as required

People are mostly saying .8 to +1 or is it across the road ? 

received_448970663397767.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 11:25 AM, dat111 said:

Hey guys. Currently putting togeather a tune for it

Bf falcon na running 7 psi

Using all stock turbo parts an most of stock tune Im trying to figure out what part of the timing Map I need to change.

I've changed the fuel mapping as required

People are mostly saying .8 to +1 or is it across the road ? 

received_448970663397767.jpeg

Above was fine in my turbo conversion up to 10 psi . Data log and look out for knock in the spark adder . Anything over -1.5 timing being taken out ( like if the pcm is taking out -3-4 deg , that’s bad ! ) 

the left hand Collum 1 is what the Motor would see at atmosphere. 1.4 is near 7 psi Eg 1.4 off 14.7 psi or .4 x 14.7 ! 

F41D5A8E-9229-48B4-855F-3BE082B889CE.jpeg

This was my fuel table at the time and make sure your injector data is correct and fuel pressure is 58 psi or so . Or you’ll chase your tail . You need a wide band to check fuelling . On 20-30 % throttle you will get 14.7 to 15:1 till goes what I believe is called closed loop of your command lambda . 

if fuelling doesn’t match command and injector data is good and fuel pressure is right , might have to look at tweaking the speed density tables . I disabled the long term trims as in my case it leaned out the whole scaling. 

anyway you cannot blow up too much with 7 psi . I ran for about 5 000 k on 7 psi on the stock Na tune with 60 psi fuel reg ! Ran rich and the timing took care of itself ! Timing was 20 deg under load and no pinging on 98 ! 

But was stupid and I would not recommend it ! Was seeing 12.5 at idle and about the same driving along ! Fuel economy was crap ! Eventually burnt out an exhaust valve on number three due to excessive carbon ! 
but live and learn! 

but don’t be scared to learn and have a go ! Very hard to blow up these motors on low boost but not impossible! 

image.jpg

Edited by Plumbs