ti performance map sensor

will15

Hey guys i have a ti performance ba turbo style map sensor fitted to a n/a territory with a raptor supercharger, i have changed the map setting as per a ba turbo map sensor and im getting 96 kpa reading with key on engine off it should be more like 101 - 102 anyone had this before?.

never heard of a re-cal on map sensor, i just need the proper data (kpa vs volts). Its suppose to be a BA turbo one you would think those settings should work, i didnt really want to have to go though and do my own kpa vs volts with a mityvac and scope.

11 hours ago, jakka351 said:

96 kPa with the engine off likely means you are reading atmospheric pressure in the absolute form, as opposed to kPa gauge which is gauge pressure, where 0 starts at atmospheric pressure which is typically around 101 kPa-absolute.

Every map sensor i check like this and they read around 100-102kpa in the scanner, i live at sea level and i don't see why this would be any different. The scanner is set to kpa i don't belive you can change it to absolute pressure.

7 minutes ago, hjtrbo said:

The 100 - 102kPa you mention in the scanner is absolute pressure.

2 Bar MAP = Absolute pressure 0 -> 200kPa

2 Bar Boost = Gauge Pressure -100 -> 100kPa

Sorry man i don't really follow what you are saying, a map sensor is manifold absolute pressure and weather its a 1 bar, 2 bar, 2.5 bar, 2.7 bar sensor it should read 102 kpa at sea level key on engine off.

1 hour ago, hjtrbo said:

The 100 - 102kPa you mention in the scanner is absolute pressure.

2 Bar MAP = Absolute pressure 0 -> 200kPa

2 Bar Boost = Gauge Pressure -100 -> 100kPa

gauge pressure and absolute pressure are scientific terms, google them. What will15 said, the atmospheric pressure at your location is just 96kpa, so you are not at sea level, you are much higher, as there is less pressure from the atmosphere pushing down on you