Torque Converter lockup on Decel

H3LPME

Hey guys.

have a ZF6 in a 4WD, what I’m trying to do is improve engine braking - mainly on slow, steep technical descents, but aswell as long windy mountain road descents too and also prevent up-shifting in Manual shift.

figuring the best what to do so is torque converter lockup, but what specific tables should I be looking at?

Thanks

Edited by H3LPME

3 hours ago, H3LPME said:

Hey guys.

have a ZF6 in a 4WD, what I’m trying to do is improve engine braking - mainly on slow, steep technical descents, but aswell as long windy mountain road descents too and also prevent up-shifting in Manual shift.

figuring the best what to do so is torque converter lockup, but what specific tables should I be looking at?

Thanks

open the transmission maps, go to shift map 27.

in the downshift area of the map change the last number to the same as the rest.

In my case i also let the car upshift itself, so i dont accidently tag limiter.

see below std vs what im talking about.

image.png.8870ed15d47847db941e5ede69d90087.png

• Like 2

In regards to torque converter lockup, is it locked up until the OSS is reached?

I raised the numbers, and lowered numbers but didn’t really feel a dramatic difference between the two, not sure if it’s just the heavy vehicle or I’m doing something wrong?

If you're on the right table and logging the right ZF DMR's you will see your changes.

As you're chasing decel, you need to hit the unlock part of the TCC tables. Lower numbers will keep it locked up for longer.

Post a log chief, will make it heaps easier to help.

On 3/2/2022 at 9:50 PM, hjtrbo said:

If you're on the right table and logging the right ZF DMR's you will see your changes.

As you're chasing decel, you need to hit the unlock part of the TCC tables. Lower numbers will keep it locked up for longer.

Post a log chief, will make it heaps easier to help.

Thanks for your help, ended up figuring it out after borrowing a laptop and datalogging on the fly.