auF12646 & F6 Resistive Sender

mondc95ba

Filtering through the knowledge base here.

In Regards to the Ba F6 strategy but disabling the F6 sender to be the stock standard 0.6bar Ba Oil Pressure Switch. As recommended when converting to the independent VCT.

Can the F6 resistive sender (or any sender with the same resistive range) be used in place of the BA Open/Closed Switch? and will it show the pressure whilst logging in pcmtec?

Or is the F6 sender actually a 2 in 1, where the sender (resistive feedback) is for the factory centre pod gauge and the other portion is the switch for the low oil open/closed switching at the ECU?

Would be nice to be able to implement logging into the ecu for a resistive sender...

As I'm aware the vdo gauge and vdo sender that I found and got from ebay was the same specs as the fpv vdo gauges and vdo sender. When I first hooked it up I turned the car on reds I had no oil light then I started the car and the oil light came on i found a post on here for ba independent cams that was using a f6 strategy i did the opposite i enabled the setting my my stock strategy and now I have a working oil light.