tlo columns

hjtrbo

Just wondering what the column headings are when looking at the tlo files.

The reason I ask is I maintain a common 'master' channel list then from there have different layouts, similar to the way HP do it. In V1.25 I did this in excel and had a little macro that exported to multiple tlo files. I'm migrating that across now to V2.11. 

image.png.6624e604546025ec211c02c2deb63088.png

2.11 has extra columns. These are what I think they are....

ID, Order (0-15 for charts), Low Range, High Range, Display Name, High Speed, V1.25 Legacy Stuff???, V1.25 Legacy Stuff???, Logging Name

Could some please enlighten me? @Roland@pcmtec @Kirby@pcmtec

Current fields are:

ID (generic ID, or layout ID)
Order (0-15 in charts, above this hidden)
Min range
Max range
Custom Display name,
Message priority level
Scalar list position (order display on the LHS panel)
Group list position (reserved for future use, group display on LHS panel)
Layout ID
Custom Logging name

ID can be for example a generic ID such as EOT, ECT, ENGINE_SPEED etc or a MIDxxxxx. The idea here is that when using a layout between different vehicles which may have a different MID for common parameters is that those parameters don't get lost

In the next upcoming release, when a layout is loaded, those IDs which are not in a channel list for a vehicle (say you have some IDs for Falcon but not displayed in Mustang) then those will be kept in the saved layout sessions (currently the layouts only save things in the channel list)

We are looking to move the layout TLO to an XML format in the future, particularly if there are additional parameters getting added in. The number of entries has expanded a fair bit since the 1.25 version which was just ID, order and ranges!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Matt@pcmtec said:

In the next upcoming release, when a layout is loaded, those IDs which are not in a channel list for a vehicle (say you have some IDs for Falcon but not displayed in Mustang) then those will be kept in the saved layout sessions (currently the layouts only save things in the channel list)

Good move. 

It would be nice to have the ability to save the channel list as well as the layouts. That way I could have a mustang setup with my 16 high speed channels selected, then quickly flick over to my go to falcon channel list that also has 16 high speed selected. If that makes sense. Effectively the channel list and layouts become separate items. If your layout has a channel in it that is not in the channel list then it will not be graphed. (Same as HP).