cant read vehicle info or read current pcmtec file.

2kclay

g'day everyone,

recently upgraded a laptop and im trying to connect to my car after a few months of no connection to the pcm via obd. ive fired up pcmtec plugged the cable in and tried to read the vehicle information. The ignition cycles but i get an error message saying SECURITY_ACCESS Recieved: SERVICE_NOT_SUPPORTED.

I've than connected with forscan and done a dtc clear as i had some dtc's and noticed it says p1000 code for obd readiness and one ive never seen before flashing with pmctec p2105 code.

since ive last connected to pcmtec ive gone through a motor and im now running a green top over the silver bf na. same pcm and tcm.

any help much appreciated thanks!

12 hours ago, 2kclay said:

recently upgraded a laptop and im trying to connect to my car after a few months of no connection to the pcm via obd. ive fired up pcmtec plugged the cable in and tried to read the vehicle information. The ignition cycles but i get an error message saying SECURITY_ACCESS Recieved: SERVICE_NOT_SUPPORTED.

Check the battery voltage. Ideally at rest it'll be about 12.5v. If it's 12v or lower, PATS could be stopping access.

What interface are you using to connect to the vehicle? Genuine Tatrix OpenPort 2.0, a clone or something else?
See more info on problems with cheap clones

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2kclay said:

I've than connected with forscan and done a dtc clear as i had some dtc's and noticed it says p1000 code for obd readiness and one ive never seen before flashing with pmctec p2105 code.

Ignore P1000 as it should clear after a full drive cycle. P2105 needs to be read in conjunction with other codes? Were there any other codes & was P2105 still present after clearing codes? If it is then further diagnosis is required.

right im at a loss with this thing. ive been trying different things all morning. tried recovery mode with pcmtec and still get the same error code. ive cleared my dtc's with forscan and ive also gone into module calibration for pats and also reset the tcm, hem,bcm. i cant reset the pcm tho it says service procedure not supported. 

find attached a dtc log file. now all of codes have always been on my car from when i bought it 2 years ago and i havent had an issue with aything. when i try to connect pcmtec to the car it enables the immobilser as the car wont crank unless i ignition cycle. battery has 12.5 volts as well and forscan doesnt have an issue.

fuck this car sometimes.txt

7 minutes ago, 2kclay said:

right im at a loss with this thing. ive been trying different things all morning. tried recovery mode with pcmtec and still get the same error code. ive cleared my dtc's with forscan and ive also gone into module calibration for pats and also reset the tcm, hem,bcm. i cant reset the pcm tho it says service procedure not supported. 

find attached a dtc log file. now all of codes have always been on my car from when i bought it 2 years ago and i havent had an issue with aything. 

fuck this car sometimes.txt 6.26 kB · 1 download

Most codes aren't present at the time of the request so should clear. In FORScan, delete the vehicle profile, clear codes, close FORScan & reconnect to the vehicle to see what codes are "Present at time of request".

There doesn't appear to be other codes related to the P2105 so you could have a faulty PCM if further diagnosis doesn't rule it out.

11 minutes ago, 2kclay said:

when i try to connect pcmtec to the car it enables the immobilser as the car wont crank unless i ignition cycle. battery has 12.5 volts as well and forscan doesnt have an issue.

Providing an answer to what interface you're using may help answer the PCMTEC connection issue

3 hours ago, Bill said:

What interface are you using to connect to the vehicle? Genuine Tatrix OpenPort 2.0, a clone or something else?
See more info on problems with cheap clones

not when clearing the dtc's with forscan. when i try to get any info from the car into pcmtec the same error message shows up. i checked dtc's again and the p2105 showed up cleared it, restarted forscan and no p2105. 

4 minutes ago, 2kclay said:

pcmtec still doesnt work. same error. checked the dtc's in forscan and the p2105 code showed up.

Are you saying that when you connect PCMTEC, it's throwing the P2105 code?

You still haven't answered the question about what interface you're using with PCMTEC.....it maybe that you have a fault with your interface.
If you genuinely want help, you need to answer this question.

28 minutes ago, 2kclay said:

i use a clone from ebay. this is my second one as the first one burnt out but i havent had an issue using it with pcmtec before. ill give what you suggested a try now and ill get back to you in about 20 min

Don't use a clone. They are garbage and most are either DOA, FEPS is DOA or they die within a week.

The symptom of FEPs dying is SERVICE NOT SUPPORTED when flashing. You can test this by probing OBD pin13 when flashing, it should show 18v.

Also Tactrix are one of the cheapest and most reliable cables you can buy, please support them as a company. If you are really cash strapped the VCX Nano (the Ford version with FEPS, the toyota cables do not have FEPS) is cheaper, but it flashes about 25% slower than a Tactrix.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2kclay said:

sorry i think you may have missed it im using a tactrix openport clone from ebay that ive used previously with no fault. 

That's very likely your problem.
If you go back & read some of my previous replies, I've pinned a link to another thread where @Roland@pcmtechas pointed out an issue with cheap clones & what to check. If this doesn't confirm it's the Tatrix cable, you could try it on another car at your own risk to confirm if it reads or not but I'd be suspecting your cable is faulty. I missed the clone comment