No speedo after pcm swap

Stevenbruzz

Had this issue twice now with 2 diffrent cars. 1 auto 1 manual

The auto had a faulty ecu so i'd replaced it and it had no speedo after replacement ecu with P0500 

I did use hp tuners on this car as they requested i use it. But it only worked after a 2nd ecu and i wrote a diffrent O.S onto it.

So with the manual car its had a new ecu as original has been lost it also has p0500 read it in hp tuners just to look at it and compared to another manual it all looked fine. So without any abs errors does anyone know other causes for p0500

51 minutes ago, Stevenbruzz said:

Had this issue twice now with 2 diffrent cars. 1 auto 1 manual

The auto had a faulty ecu so i'd replaced it and it had no speedo after replacement ecu with P0500 

So with the manual car its had a new ecu as original has been lost it also has p0500 read it in hp tuners just to look at it and compared to another manual it all looked fine. So without any abs errors does anyone know other causes for p0500

I'd say an incorrect speed input which you won't see with HP & will require you to do a workaround to correct it or, you'll have to fix it with PCMTEC.

The bonus of doing it with PCMTEC is you'd be able to do a compare, see what the original speed source was set at & simply change the source so it's correct.

49 minutes ago, Stevenbruzz said:

I did use hp tuners on this car as they requested i use it. But it only worked after a 2nd ecu and i wrote a diffrent O.S onto it.

If you're doing the work, you should be stipulating what software you're going to use so you get the best/desired results. If you don't/can't, it could very well be expected that you can't charge for the cost of HP credits because you haven't delivered the goods.

• Like 1

Yeah they are both customer supplied ecu's.   The auto came in for a ecu link and tune and they were told there ecu was the issue not the tune, but compared to the stock ecu the speed input was the same but i fixed that.

The manual customer has been told i need to work out there issue first before buying the credits. I only have pro version so unable to read there file in pcmtec without unlocking it first with the 2 credits hence why i used hp to read it and it was a mail order tune with PATS disasbled ( should of mentioned that) but it has a manual OS on it i forgot the calibration code atm. But the VSS input is set to ABS currently

3 hours ago, Stevenbruzz said:

The manual customer has been told i need to work out there issue first before buying the credits. I only have pro version so unable to read there file in pcmtec without unlocking it first with the 2 credits hence why i used hp to read it and it was a mail order tune with PATS disasbled ( should of mentioned that) but it has a manual OS on it i forgot the calibration code atm. But the VSS input is set to ABS currently

This is from a NON ABS ute but shows VSS source as ABS. This is where your comparing files in HP is going wrong.
You won't see the actual speed source currently being used when you look at the strategy using HP. It's not defined or displayed.

If you don't know the workaround, you're wasting your time using HP. The info is out there but it's not really something that belongs in this forum.
image.png.b68e90cf9fb55e54a4f5ff0a51507eaf.png

2 hours ago, Bill said:

This is from a NON ABS ute but shows VSS source as ABS. This is where your comparing files in HP is going wrong.
You won't see the actual speed source currently being used when you look at the strategy using HP. It's not defined or displayed.

If you don't know the workaround, you're wasting your time using HP. The info is out there but it's not really something that belongs in this forum.
image.png.b68e90cf9fb55e54a4f5ff0a51507eaf.png

Thats how the file looks in the manual car

7 hours ago, Stevenbruzz said:

Thats how the file looks in the manual car

I know how it'll look hence the image & explanation that even though it's from a non-abs ute, it shows ABS in the only area you can see & that you won't see the actual speed source that's being used with HP. HP doesn't have it available in the strategy.

You can change the ABS value you can see with HP a thousand times & it will make no difference.

14 minutes ago, Stevenbruzz said:

It wasnt from a ute tho. I didnt mention ute. Its a sedan id only said i had the issue with an auto to auto  the o.s's were diffrent both ba ecu's

The ute is just an example to show you that what you're looking at won't help you. It clearly displays the speed source as ABS which is impossible because it doesn't have ABS. The same applies regardless of whether it's a ute, sedan or wagon, non ABS, ABS or ABS/TCS. The value you can see for speed source is being ignored

The true speed source being used, can't be seen using HP.