Bf zf torque reduction on shifts

Zf6spd

Hi all, i am turboing my na bf with the zf 6 speed and was wondering if it is remotely possible to implement/tune the torque reduction on gear shifts like how the fg and fgx have. Is it a physical difference in the transmission itself or can it be tuned to any bf with the 6 speed?

On 1/24/2023 at 4:57 PM, Zf6spd said:

Hi all, i am turboing my na bf with the zf 6 speed and was wondering if it is remotely possible to implement/tune the torque reduction on gear shifts like how the fg and fgx have. Is it a physical difference in the transmission itself or can it be tuned to any bf with the 6 speed?

fg has a more advanced tq reduction mode where it does a cylinder cut/based on tq reduction and shift time.

bf do not have this, you can change the tq retard method over to the bf version of fuel/cylinder cut...but tbh it drives horibly and it never hits right. usually it will do cyl cut for to long. your better off in my opnion leving the spark retard, its the quickest method for bf shift.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 8:36 AM, BeerTurbo said:

fg has a more advanced tq reduction mode where it does a cylinder cut/based on tq reduction and shift time.

bf do not have this, you can change the tq retard method over to the bf version of fuel/cylinder cut...but tbh it drives horibly and it never hits right. usually it will do cyl cut for to long. your better off in my opnion leving the spark retard, its the quickest method for bf shift.

A few tuners have tried and all agree that it never really works. 

One with a big power zf (600kw) used a multitune and did it in one tune only for the drags. It worked OK at full throttle, but part throttle sucked.