ZF shift Patterns - cruse control tow mode

BeerTurbo

Hi Guys, 

i data lodged cruse control shift map and got pattern 35/actual map 35,36,37. so as i was towing i wanted to disable 6th, so i did this in the oss.

hookup caravan, still goes into 6th. noticed it also hits map 38. checked map 38 and it looks like the towing mode as it also has no 6th in the oss.

noticeably when i copy the maps over to drive patterns, it stays in 5th.

anyway....is there another reason cruse control might be changing into 6th? even tho the map says not to?

ta

• Like 1

The cruise control logic is fairly complex. There may be an auto up shift if throttle or load goes to zero. Can you log shift map, throttle, load, vehicle speed, rpm and oss on high priority when this happens? 

I'm sure there will be some development settings for this. 

Edit: These won't fix your problem but might point you in the area you need to go looking to fix the issue

5 hours ago, Roland@pcmtec said:

The cruise control logic is fairly complex. There may be an auto up shift if throttle or load goes to zero. Can you log shift map, throttle, load, vehicle speed, rpm and oss on high priority when this happens? 

I'm sure there will be some development settings for this. 

Edit: These won't fix your problem but might point you in the area you need to go looking to fix the issue

Yeah the caravan load definitely had throttle around 280 tps counts minimum.